Election 2016

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Re: Election 2016

Post by FlDuckFan »

Got my papers back today, guess who's now a registered voter in the key state of Florida.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I'd prefer we amend the constitution, skip this election and just appoint the homie in the red sweater from last night interim president.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

FlDuckFan wrote:Got my papers back today, guess who's now a registered voter in the key state of Florida.
While at the moment I'm not sure there are really any key states since Trump has fallen so far behind, should the needle turn the other way in any significant way over the next couple of weeks, Florida and of course Ohio, Iowa, NC and possibly a few other states would become, indeed, "key."
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Well, with traditional Republicans returning home and the return of the Hillary emails story, things assuredly were tightening for awhile. But now things have stabilized and possibly Clinton has even gained a little momentum in the last few days. It looks to me like she will win comfortably; I'll be surprised if she doesn't eclipse 300 electoral votes.

My final prediction this morning has HC winning all of the "battleground" states save Iowa. I'm least confident about Ohio, but I'm thinking that her purportedly vastly superior "ground game" might put her over the top there. I'll also be curious to see how Arizona goes, with all the Hispanic vote there.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Trump fucked with the wrong people.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Greenblood wrote:Well, with traditional Republicans returning home and the return of the Hillary emails story, things assuredly were tightening for awhile. But now things have stabilized and possibly Clinton has even gained a little momentum in the last few days. It looks to me like she will win comfortably; I'll be surprised if she doesn't eclipse 300 electoral votes.

My final prediction this morning has HC winning all of the "battleground" states save Iowa. I'm least confident about Ohio, but I'm thinking that her purportedly vastly superior "ground game" might put her over the top there. I'll also be curious to see how Arizona goes, with all the Hispanic vote there.
I had heard about Hillary's superior ground game, and then I was reading more about it this morning:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/11/ ... -to-polls/
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Phalanx wrote:
Greenblood wrote:Well, with traditional Republicans returning home and the return of the Hillary emails story, things assuredly were tightening for awhile. But now things have stabilized and possibly Clinton has even gained a little momentum in the last few days. It looks to me like she will win comfortably; I'll be surprised if she doesn't eclipse 300 electoral votes.

I had heard about Hillary's superior ground game, and then I was reading more about it this morning:

Interesting story about something that appears to now be resolved. I'm not sure I understand what it has to do with HC's ground game.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

The only thing that matters is who those electoral voters choose. One Puyallup man has said he won't vote for her and will take the fine.

I get why people don't like Trump. I just can't fathom the reasons why people believe Hillary is an acceptable choice on any level with her record since her time in the Senate. Trump is a big F You vote. Hillary is sticking your head in the sand and hoping water will magically appear.

This thread should be called Dereliction 2016...
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Duck07 wrote:The only thing that matters is who those electoral voters choose. One Puyallup man has said he won't vote for her and will take the fine.

I get why people don't like Trump. I just can't fathom the reasons why people believe Hillary is an acceptable choice on any level with her record since her time in the Senate. Trump is a big F You vote. Hillary is sticking your head in the sand and hoping water will magically appear.

Deez Nuts FTW.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Sadly Mr. Nutz has yet to get any of the electoral voters on his side.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Duck07 wrote:Sadly Mr. Nutz has yet to get any of the electoral voters on his side.
You could always go for the grassroots Meteor 2016 or Harambe 2016 campaigns.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Duck07 wrote:The only thing that matters is who those electoral voters choose. One Puyallup man has said he won't vote for her and will take the fine.

B/c why would we elect a bigot?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:

Sure, I understand why people have problems with him but can you explain why the Bride of Monsanto is a better choice?
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:

B/c a majority of Americans are fucking idiots as exhibited by tonight.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Greenblood wrote:
Phalanx wrote:

Interesting story about something that appears to now be resolved. I'm not sure I understand what it has to do with HC's ground game.
Forgive me, but it really seems like there was a lot you didn't understand about this election.