No Respect for the Pac-12 from Obama

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Phalanx
Senior

Re: No Respect for the Pac-12 from Obama

Post by Phalanx »

I disagree that politics should be left out. I think we should have accountability for our leaders in terms of who they pick in their brackets. We are not just 'flyover states' on Obama's way to Hawaii. We need representation too. When Obama goes out of his way to wipe the Pac-12 off the face of his bracket after the first round, even picking higher seeds to lose to schools I never heard of (Belmont? I thought that was a horse race?!!), everyone suffers. The sounds of millions of underrepresented West Coast basketball fans cry out for justice.

I think a Senate inquiry is needed at a minimum.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Here's to blowing up his brackets.

:D
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

OMG...take the politics to eDuck. There's enough Repugs in the Woodshed for me to never go back.
USUaggieDuck
Five Star Recruit

No Respect for the Pac-12 from Obama

Post by USUaggieDuck »

Phalanx wrote:President Obama just released his tournament bracket:

http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-cha ... ID=4267886

Not only does he have Oregon, Colorado, and California losing to higher seeds, but he also consciously chose #6 UCLA to lose to #11 Minnesota, and #6 Arizona to #11 Belmont. None of the Pac-12 teams advance past the first round on his bracket. Does the President have a grudge against the West Coast?

Oh yeah, and he sign a bill allowing himself to detain American citizens indefinitely without a trial, so if you don't see me posting on here anymore after today, you'll know why. :lol:
I have Arizona as the only team advancing, and then losing 2nd round.

Sent from my iPad
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

Phenom wrote:OMG...take the politics to eDuck. There's enough Repugs in the Woodshed for me to never go back.
^^Says politics should go elsewhere. Immediately offers a slur for members of his/her disfavored party.^^
AKA: CAgrown
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

Tray Dub wrote:
duck55 wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:No respect for human rights, either. He's over in Israel today holding hands with them while, also today, thirty Palestinian schoolchildren were arrested for godknowswhat.

Here's a video if you're curious: https://t.co/QUTfYSgtPf
Thanks Tray - that cleared up a lot - except the what, where, when, and why of the vid. :?

Agree with an earlier poster, like the prez or not, this is a place for BB and not politics.
It's fairly hard to imagine a good reason for arresting thirty schoolchildren, isn't it? Like, if soldiers were arresting your child and 29 of his classmates, you'd have a tough time imagining why someone would possibly do that. The justification for that would have to be REALLY high. If you're curious about the details of the incident, you're capable of researching and deciding for yourself, if you're so interested.
Trey, sorry if you took the response wrong, Just that a link to a video in another language didn't help solve the curiosity so, as you said, I did research it a bit more. Who knows the real truth in this case.

"the children and youths taken away by the military may have been involved in throwing stones and Molotov cocktails." (from several sources).
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Elduderino wrote:
Phenom wrote:OMG...take the politics to eDuck. There's enough Repugs in the Woodshed for me to never go back.
^^Says politics should go elsewhere. Immediately offers a slur for members of his/her disfavored party.^^
Meh I'm not a fan of either party TBH.

That being said. Can't wait to prove a lot of people wrong.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Maybe it is time for California to threaten to takes its electoral votes to another party if POTUS doesn't start showing them some respect, lol.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Geez.....
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Should have picked Oregon..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Should have picked Oregon..
I now hope a majority of the Pac-12 teams make it through the opening round just to show how wrong he was.

Edit: Arizona has now won and Cal needs to hang on against UNLV so it's nice to see the Pac-12 vindicated somewhat.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

PAC-12 is 3 for 3 so far, including 2 #12s beating 2 # 5s. Here's cheering for UCLA & Colorado. For those who said no PAC-12 team would get past the 1st round, it would be great if all did.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

fpsduck wrote:Here's to blowing up his brackets.

So far so good. Two teams in the sweet 16 with one more playing tonight. Obama should pay more attention to Left-Coast basketball.
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

Phalanx wrote:
fpsduck wrote:Here's to blowing up his brackets.

So far so good. Two teams in the sweet 16 with one more playing tonight. Obama should pay more attention to Left-Coast basketball.
He figured that since we didn't beat his Beav-in-law's team, we must not be very good. ;)
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

What do you expect? He's an idiot.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine