Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Boston Marathon Bomb Explosion

Post by UOducksTK1 »

https://twitter.com/Boston_to_a_T/statu ... 16/photo/1

Apparently there was a car bomb that went off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon.

Picture above shows the explosion. Hopefully no one was hurt, but someone was saying how they saw limbs flying from the explosion. Ugh, horrible.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Re: Boston Marathon Bomb Explosion

Post by greenyellow »

There's been 2 bombs/explosions so far and a 3rd one after police detonated another device. Boston PD have confirmed 2 dead and 22 wounded so far.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Car bomb is incorrect according to all initial reports I've seen. Unnamed law enforcement officials saying it was a small homemade bomb(s).

So far, two dead, 23 injured.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Things like this never make sense. From that pic you can see how the first went off in the background followed by the one going off. I wonder where the 'mandarino?' hotel is in relation to that picture since ESPN/ABC had a former chief of police who mentioned they found a bomb at that hotel.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Devices also found at the Harvard Station of the MBTA and on the glass footbridge over Huntington Ave near Copley place.

Also police report they have video of the suspect.

One unexploded bomb is reported to have been recovered. This could help identifying perpetrators.

Police are now reporting a suspect is in custody, at a Boston hospital, being treated for shrapnel wounds.

New York Post lists as many as 12 may be deceased (Boston Police confirm only 2, but the main hospital is in lock-down), and 64 wounded.

Prayers are going up for the victims.

Edit: At 4:49, there was a report of an explosion at JFK Library.

NY Post--reporting a 20 year old Saudi national in custody--is either going to look very impressive or very foolish....
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

woundedknees wrote: NY Post--reporting a 20 year old Saudi national in custody--is either going to look very impressive or very foolish....
Boston PD denying the story.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Well, from this tweet the library 'bomb/fire' was in relation to this event it would seem. Or the detonation caused the fire in the library.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

One thing that I just thought about is this: Today is tax day. It is also the 100th anniversary of the 16th Amendment/Fed Income Tax in a city that was no fan of taxation. Of course killing innocent people has always been a terrible way to validate any particular stance/ethos.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck07 wrote:One thing that I just thought about is this: Today is tax day. It is also the 100th anniversary of the 16th Amendment/Fed Income Tax in a city that was no fan of taxation. Of course killing innocent people has always been a terrible way to validate any particular stance/ethos.
Must be the Tea Party! They've been terrorizing and killing people like crazy, check it out for yourself:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_te ... 3June_2013

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Supposedly they have someone in the hospital (a Saudi national) who was being looked at as a possible threat, but Boston PD keeps denying it. I have a feeling this is more of a lone wolf type bombing, not some organized terrorist bombing. Usually if it was a group, they would have claimed it already and given a reason for doing it.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Supposedly they have someone in the hospital (a Saudi national) who was being looked at as a possible threat, but Boston PD keeps denying it. I have a feeling this is more of a lone wolf type bombing, not some organized terrorist bombing. Usually if it was a group, they would have claimed it already and given a reason for doing it.
There's a pattern here. Surely not all Muslims are terrorists. In fact, I'd have to condemn half my relatives if that was the case. But the fact of the matter is the majority of terrorists are Islamic extremists. Whether this is a loan wolf or not, the fact of the matter is Islam extremists are dangerous. It's a mockery to our nation when people start thinking attacks like these could potentially be domestic.

Let's get real, the majority of domestic terrorism are shootings. Usually from kids / young adults on serious anti-depressants or with serious mental health issues. Islamic terrorists are in great health, but are brainwashed by certain aspects of their religion from other extremists. Of course, there's some psycho Americans who have issues who want to kill people. But the proof is in the pudding.

Coming from a family, where half my family is Muslim is tough. They truly are some of the nicest people on earth. Some of them are 10 times the person I am. It's a very sensitive issue for me. And I hate to talk about it, but to me Islam has the potential to be a dangerous religion. Look at the terrorist history the last 20 years, it's very scary. I'm just thankful, America, for the most part, has been out of harm's way. Unfortunately, we are seeing attacks in America even more often.

This coming from a guy who was friends with Mohammed Mohammed of Portland. I played basketball and soccer with the dude and he seemed like a nice guy. He would actually joke about bombing places/people, but so did some of his other friends, so I took it lightly. Nice my butt, the guy specifically picked Pioneer Square so lots of innocent children could die.

My gosh America, wake up. Stop trying to be so sensitive and worry about hurting people's feelings. My friend at work was more concerned that we might have brought in the Saudi Arabian guy merely because of his race, rather than showing lament for those injured or dead in the place! This is the safety of our country. If people want to pull me aside at the airport because of my last name and my ridiculously middle eastern beard (which actually has happened once before), then so be it! I understand some of my kind have caused harm to this country, and I'm perfectly fine with there being precautions due to that.

/End of rant.

I try to be neutral as much as possible on this form. But this is the off topic. No leash.

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

TK, do you not remember that huge bombing in Oklahoma City? The one that half-cratered a major building and killed dozens? Yeah, that was done by a right-wing extremist. In fact, the number of buildings bombed here my Islamic extremists is quite small. Try listing the examples. Don't worry, I'll wait for you to google it.

Islamic extremists certainly are dangerous. Ever wondered where they come from? Could it have anything to do with OUR actions? No, of course not. It couldn't have anything to do with our steadfast support of dictators all over the Middle East. Couldn't have anything to do with our critical support for Israeli apartheid that the rest of the world recognizes to be criminal and brutal. Couldn't have to do with our complete destruction of Iraqi society, our overthrow of a popular leader in Iran, our attitude that we own the world. No, it must be their religion.

It's just astounding that people in our society are so ideologically disciplined to not see that terrorism is a predictable consequence of our own terrorism and war-making. It's a tremendous propaganda victory for American citizens to not all say what I just said instinctively when things like today happen, because it's obvious. It's right on the surface. It's almost impossible to miss if you just look at the history for two minutes. But people don't. "What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

By the way, here's this:

The person questioned in the hospital was a Saudi national, who was report­edly tackled and held by a ­bystander after he was seen running from near the scene of the explosion, said a law enforce­ment source who spoke with someone involved in the FBI’s investigation. The Saudi man, believed to be a university student in Boston, is cooperating with the FBI and told agents that he was not involved in the explosions, and that he ran only because he was frightened. Investigators did not characterize the man as a suspect. No one had been arrested or charged as of late Monday night.

From http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... story.html
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The Boston CBS affiliate was saying that the Boston PD was searching an apartment that they believe may have been connected to the bombings. Boston PD wouldn't confirm what or who they were looking for yet.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

No Islamic group has claimed responsibility so it is now leaning towards a domestic terrorist. The bombs were crudely made (not like Al Qaeda at all) so this also leans them towards domestic terrorist. They have searched a Boston apartment but are keeping quiet about everything at this point. The Boston Marathon has no specific meaning towards anyone in the outside world and not a target Al Qaeda would necessarily pick, so again leaning towards a domestic nut job.

Misinformation out there about the 8 year old boy waiting for his father to finish. The father is a runner but was actually injured and couldn't race this year so he was standing there with the little boy, a daughter (who lost a leg), wife (who has head injury) and another son. Father and older son were not injured.

I really hope they catch this son of a bitch and string him up.