Boston Marathon Bomb Explosion

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Boston Marathon Bomb Explosion

Post by Duck07 »

Geez, a 'brown' man starts running after a bomb goes off - Shirley, he must be the culprit.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tray Dub wrote:TK, do you not remember that huge bombing in Oklahoma City? The one that half-cratered a major building and killed dozens? Yeah, that was done by a right-wing extremist. In fact, the number of buildings bombed here my Islamic extremists is quite small. Try listing the examples. Don't worry, I'll wait for you to google it.

Islamic extremists certainly are dangerous. Ever wondered where they come from? Could it have anything to do with OUR actions? No, of course not. It couldn't have anything to do with our steadfast support of dictators all over the Middle East. Couldn't have anything to do with our critical support for Israeli apartheid that the rest of the world recognizes to be criminal and brutal. Couldn't have to do with our complete destruction of Iraqi society, our overthrow of a popular leader in Iran, our attitude that we own the world. No, it must be their religion.

It's just astounding that people in our society are so ideologically disciplined to not see that terrorism is a predictable consequence of our own terrorism and war-making. It's a tremendous propaganda victory for American citizens to not all say what I just said instinctively when things like today happen, because it's obvious. It's right on the surface. It's almost impossible to miss if you just look at the history for two minutes. But people don't. "What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
I guess you forgot about 9/11. And actually, a lot have been caught before they could do damage (thank goodness).

No they don't just bomb us because of our actions. It's because it's embedded in the Qur'an. They are rewarded virgins for killing Jews and Christians. Go wiki the list of all terrorist attacks, 99.9% of them are from Islamic extremists. They aren't just taking it out on America. In fact, we are way less hit by Islamic terrorism that a lot of other countries. Some of my mom's (born and raised in Iran) friends are persecuted merely for being Christian. Go google it, here's a head start: http://www.farsinet.com/persecuted/

When you have a friend hanged for believing in a religion, talk to me.

And the good ole Tim McVeigh argument. Too bad he had tons of Muslim interaction. Education: https://startthinkingright.wordpress.co ... y-mcveigh/

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:The Boston CBS affiliate was saying that the Boston PD was searching an apartment that they believe may have been connected to the bombings. Boston PD wouldn't confirm what or who they were looking for yet.
I also find the Van part in this story interesting:
"Cops also issued an all-points-bulletin for a yellow Penske truck or van that tried to get access to a marathon site, claiming it had medical supplies — and then sped off or was turned away."

Makes me wonder if this was more than one man job. No one has really talked about that much though, so I wonder how much truth is in that.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

"One of the bombs at the Boston Marathon appears to have been placed inside a metal pressure cooker hidden inside a backpack, a federal law enforcement said Tuesday."

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck07 wrote:Geez, a 'brown' man starts running after a bomb goes off - Shirley, he must be the culprit.
Because that fits the description of what investigators have discovered so far:
Investigators told police Monday to be on the lookout for a "darker-skinned or black male" with a possible foreign accent in connection with the marathon bombs, according to a law enforcement advisory obtained by CNN. The man was seen with a black backpack and sweatshirt and was trying to get into a restricted area about five minutes before the first explosion, the lookout notice states.

If it was a pink man, they'd be looking for a pink man.

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:TK, do you not remember that huge bombing in Oklahoma City? The one that half-cratered a major building and killed dozens? Yeah, that was done by a right-wing extremist. In fact, the number of buildings bombed here my Islamic extremists is quite small. Try listing the examples. Don't worry, I'll wait for you to google it.

Islamic extremists certainly are dangerous. Ever wondered where they come from? Could it have anything to do with OUR actions? No, of course not. It couldn't have anything to do with our steadfast support of dictators all over the Middle East. Couldn't have anything to do with our critical support for Israeli apartheid that the rest of the world recognizes to be criminal and brutal. Couldn't have to do with our complete destruction of Iraqi society, our overthrow of a popular leader in Iran, our attitude that we own the world. No, it must be their religion.

It's just astounding that people in our society are so ideologically disciplined to not see that terrorism is a predictable consequence of our own terrorism and war-making. It's a tremendous propaganda victory for American citizens to not all say what I just said instinctively when things like today happen, because it's obvious. It's right on the surface. It's almost impossible to miss if you just look at the history for two minutes. But people don't. "What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
I guess you forgot about 9/11. And actually, a lot have been caught before they could do damage (thank goodness).

No they don't just bomb us because of our actions. It's because it's embedded in the Qur'an. They are rewarded virgins for killing Jews and Christians. Go wiki the list of all terrorist attacks, 99.9% of them are from Islamic extremists. They aren't just taking it out on America. In fact, we are way less hit by Islamic terrorism that a lot of other countries. Some of my mom's (born and raised in Iran) friends are persecuted merely for being Christian. Go google it, here's a head start: http://www.farsinet.com/persecuted/

And the good ole Tim McVeigh argument. Too bad he had tons of Muslim interaction. Education: https://startthinkingright.wordpress.co ... y-mcveigh/
I know a lot of Muslims who study the Qur'an who believe exactly the opposite about what that book says. Even if you were right, violent passages can be found in the Bible and the Torah, and both books have been used to justify terrorism. You attack an entire religion, which is pretty despicable, and refuse to look at the actions of your own country and how that might contribute to violence. We are responsible for our own actions, not someone else's. So if you want to contribute something worthwhile, try criticizing your own government, not the actions of people miles away whose actions you can't affect.

90% of terrorist attacks are domestic. I really hope this one is too, so you don't get a chance to justify your xenophobia.

And it's pretty pitiful for you to try to pin McVeigh on Muslims. Shows some pretty profound prejudice.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

If only their religion wasn't so violent!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

As someone who was raised Christian and still identify as a Christian (not meaning that I'm devoted)...I can agree that Christians have done a lot of crazy s***. Most religions have...
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tray Dub wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

I know a lot of Muslims who study the Qur'an who believe exactly the opposite about what that book says. Even if you were right, violent passages can be found in the Bible and the Torah, and both books have been used to justify terrorism. You attack an entire religion, which is pretty despicable, and refuse to look at the actions of your own country and how that might contribute to violence. We are responsible for our own actions, not someone else's. So if you want to contribute something worthwhile, try criticizing your own government, not the actions of people miles away whose actions you can't affect.

90% of terrorist attacks are domestic. I really hope this one is too, so you don't get a chance to justify your xenophobia.

And it's pretty pitiful for you to try to pin McVeigh on Muslims. Shows some pretty profound prejudice.
I never argued our government is perfect. Obviously we have our own flaws and have made terrible decisions to harm other countries. But I see a distinct difference between a declared war an random suicide bomb attacks. One is 100% aimed at innocent civilians, whereas the other (despite potential selfish and evil intentions) is a declared war. But beyond all that, our country's security comes first.

America has hardly any terrorist attacks. And more of the recent ones have NOT been domestic. Also, look more at the global scale.

Prejudice? Did you even read anything? It's hard I guess when you are fed one side by the media constantly.

Whatever. I don't really care to argue. I just hope whoever it is (domestic or NOT), they get caught and severely punished.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tray Dub wrote:Image

If only their religion wasn't so violent!

They just want to play patty-cake. Stuff goes both ways man.

Obviously in any religion or group of people, there are bad apples. But I believe with Islam, more so than any other religion, it goes deeper than that. But obviously you will never be convinced of that, so why bother going back and forth.

As an Iranian, I obviously know not all Muslims are insane. I love my mom's side of the family, and obviously when terrorist attacks happen in the name of Islam, they are very much against it. Duh. I'm pointing out that the roots of their religion is more dangerous that anyone wants to investigate, because we are all too politically correct.

Have a good day.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phenom wrote:As someone who was raised Christian and still identify as a Christian (not meaning that I'm devoted)...I can agree that Christians have done a lot of crazy s***. Most religions have...
Because Christians have been killing lots of people these last couple decades. They need to settle it down.

I don't really care to argue 10th century history or all that. Obviously people have used religion to justify some means of destruction and abuse in the past (includes the Crusaders). But it doesn't take rocket science to see that pretty much all the terrorist attacks in the last few decades have been at the hands of Isalmic extremists.

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Xenophobe? Really?

Guess they missed the part about TK being of PERSIAN (i.e.) Middle Eastern/Iranian descent.

Being a christian, with many relatives who are followers of either Muslim or Christian faiths, TK probably has a better handle on tendencies than many of the rest of us.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

woundedknees wrote:Xenophobe? Really?

Guess they missed the part about TK being of PERSIAN (i.e.) Middle Eastern/Iranian descent.

Being a christian, with many relatives who are followers of either Muslim or Christian faiths, TK probably has a better handle on tendencies than many of the rest of us.
My mother was a muslim for most her life, and she's lived in Iran for half her life. Half my family is muslim. Thanks wounded.

But hey, this is a different America these days. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised people are against my views on this issue. It's all good though, Tray Dub and Duck07 have been around for a while, and they have the right to unleash on me (even though they are wrong).

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I've been waiting for this to play out a little more before really chiming in, TK. :D My brown people comment was more poking fun at how people tend to initially react to certain things. I would also argue that those people who do go off on suicide bomber missions have declared war, they just don't have an assembled legislative body that we would consider legitimate in order to invalidate that claim but moving on...the U.S. has not declared war on Pakistan yet we have plenty of drone strikes that kill innocent people there (In fact, if the NCAA was serious about MAJOR violations, they should go after Dubbers and Obummer for drone strikes, :lol: ).

Frankly, I think our supposed 'wars' are so vile and disgusting (look at the mental state of our troops as a result) and lack any merit (We were once cool with both Hussein and bin Laden when we thought they were are puppets. Funny how playing Game of Thrones in real life doesn't always work out so well for the US: Mohammed Reza, Fulgencio Batista, Augusto Pinochet etc) that I cannot begin to argue them as being more legitimate than a disgruntled person, mad at Israel who feels the need to go kill others in comparison. Both are perpetrated by despicable people/groups. Our governments actions leave a LOT to be desired so while I don't agree with it, I can empathize for why they would go to that level. We do sometimes forget that 'one persons terrorist is another persons freedom fighter' as we had a that thing called the American Revolution.

Lastly, since I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about me (lol), don't you all know that 911 and OKC were done by the government? I swear you guys need to read some more David Icke :ugeek: :lol:
http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Alright, I take back the xenophobia comment. I don't think you're some vulgar racist. I do think your views of Islam are unfair and prejudiced, but that doesn't mean I equate you to Pamela Geller or Hitler. Prejudice isn't a good thing, but it's present in all of us, so I still think you're a good guy or whatever.

To sum up, I think we should all look in the mirror when these things happen. They're not justified and they are criminal, but they are predictable. I think it's unfair and misses the point to go looking for answers elsewhere. Sure, there is a religious element, but it's incorrect to blame the religion because A. this probably wouldn't happen if Arabs didn't have legitimate grievances, and B. violence is a part of most/all religious faiths, and can be found in the Bible too. I think it'd be rude to tell a Muslim that her religion is inherently violent. Most Muslims I know don't think so at all, and it's presumptuous to not realize that these are matters of religious interpretation. The religion isn't the problem, it's the conditions in which religion gets radicalized that's the problem.