Duck Fans: I Need Your Help Finding an Avatar For Bud Lee

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Phalanx
Senior

Duck Fans: I Need Your Help Finding an Avatar For Bud Lee

Post by Phalanx »

Fellow duck fans: After reading Bud going on and on about how terrible Tennessee is and how the Ducks' victory over the Vols means nothing in terms of the SEC/Pac 12 rivalry, I made a bet with him that if Tennessee wins more than one SEC game this year, he has to sport the avatar of my choosing during the entire bowl season. The one he has picked out for me to display is a predictable Rah Rah SEC banner, but I don't think a Pac-12 picture has quite the same bite, so I am looking for your best ideas. If Bud agrees, I will pick the best one and that will be the one he has to post under.

Any ideas?
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Re: Duck Fans: I Need Your Help Finding an Avatar For Bud Le

Post by Bud Lee »

After reading Bud going on and on about how terrible Tennessee is and how the Ducks' victory over the Vols means nothing in terms of the SEC/Pac 12 rivalry
:lol: That is not exactly what I said nor was I "going on and on. "

What I said was ;
.....1) Tennessee who won only ONE SEC game last year against Kentucky vs the number 2 team in nation Oregon and 2) Kentucky who pulled together two wins last year, none of which were SEC games playing a Louisville team that ranked 7th in the nation. Both of those SEC opponents feature Heisman contenders at quarter back. Tennessee and Kentucky did not stand a chance, those loses would be comparable to Colorado traveling to play LSU or Utah traveling to play Bama.
Carry on though. By the way, does the SEC and PAC have a rivalry? I would say the Big 10 and the PAC have a rivalry but not to sure about the other.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Bud Lee wrote:
After reading Bud going on and on about how terrible Tennessee is and how the Ducks' victory over the Vols means nothing in terms of the SEC/Pac 12 rivalry

What I said was ;
.....1) Tennessee who won only ONE SEC game last year against Kentucky vs the number 2 team in nation Oregon and 2) Kentucky who pulled together two wins last year, none of which were SEC games playing a Louisville team that ranked 7th in the nation. Both of those SEC opponents feature Heisman contenders at quarter back. Tennessee and Kentucky did not stand a chance, those loses would be comparable to Colorado traveling to play LSU or Utah traveling to play Bama.
Carry on though. By the way, does the SEC and PAC have a rivalry? I would say the Big 10 and the PAC have a rivalry but not to sure about the other.
Without a bowl game with shared tie ins or regular head-to-head match-ups, I'm not sure you can say it's a rivalry.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

ncduck wrote:Without a bowl game with shared tie ins or regular head-to-head match-ups, I'm not sure you can say it's a rivalry.
Yeah, that is exactly my thoughts on the subject. We don't play y'all that often in the regular season either, though I think LSU has played ASU , Washington, Oregon, and Oregon State recently. Come to think of it I don't think we have lost to PAC team in a long while.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Bud Lee wrote:By the way, does the SEC and PAC have a rivalry? I would say the Big 10 and the PAC have a rivalry but not to sure about the other.
How typical for an SEC homer to think that the Pac-12 is not their rival. Are we going to let him get away with this, my friends?
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Phalanx wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:By the way, does the SEC and PAC have a rivalry? I would say the Big 10 and the PAC have a rivalry but not to sure about the other.
How typical for an SEC homer to think that the Pac-12 is not their rival. Are we going to let him get away with this, my friends?

Perhaps if you could describe to me what a "rival" means to you. I have a feeling that we have different definition of the word.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Bud Lee wrote:
Phalanx wrote:

Perhaps if you could describe to me what a "rival" means to you. I have a feeling that we have different of the word.
ri·val
noun \ˈrī-vəl\

: something or someone that is as good or almost as good as another person or thing
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Yeah...see...I would say rivalry in regards to sports is more or less summed up as this;

A sports rivalry is intense competition between athletic teams or athletes. This pressure of competition is felt by players, coaches, and management, but is perhaps felt strongest by the fans. The intensity of the rivalry varies from a friendly competition on one end to serious violence on the other that, in one case (the Football War), was suggested to have led to military conflict. Team owners typically encourage rivalries as they tend to improve game attendance and television ratings for rivalry matches, but a rivalry that gets out of control can lead to fighting, hooliganism, rioting and some, with career ending or worse, fatal consequences. Often the topic of sports rivalries is as heated and controversial as politics and religion.

Rivalries stem from various sources. Simple geographic proximity as well as frequent meetings in important games can lead to rivalries. Social and political tensions can also be played out by proxy in a sports rivalry, as when the Indo–Pakistani political conflict spills over to an India–Pakistan cricket match, or when Glasgow's sectarian differences are expressed in the Celtic–Rangers derby (known as the Old Firm derby). Rivalries of the friendlier sort are common between college athletic programs in the United States and often involve pranks that rival student bodies play on each other, such as stealing the other school's mascot or painting school colors somewhere on the opposing school's campus.

In some leagues, the match between the rivalries are officially regarded as important games and the winner gets an unusual prize
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Tennessee is terrible. Bud is right. That win, or dominating win honestly means nothing. Thats like LSU beating Washington St and then pounding their chest over owning the Pac-12. That doesn't really count
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

In fact, on an unrelated note, I'm now glad LSU beat us in the opener that year. I think all of us, the team, fans, and Chip thought we were farther along then we were, and LSU reminded us, were not quite there yet. I love this team, and am confident this is the best team we've ever fielded, BUT, until we prove it against the SEC, it won't mean squat.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

My vote is for the board's favorite: Daisy Duck t-shirt girl on the Pink exercise ball!
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

Bud Lee wrote:

What I said was ;
I agree. Wish the conferences would play each other more so we actually could have a rivalry. A bowl tie in would be amazing.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

wlduck wrote:I agree. Wish the conferences would play each other more so we actually could have a rivalry. A bowl tie in would be amazing.

I do too, but you all seem to be married to the Big 10 and the Rose Bowl and now the SEC and Big 12 are married together in the Sugar Bowl. I can't even rember the last time the SEC and PAC parred off in a bowl game... :?
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Duck07 wrote:My vote is for the board's favorite: Daisy Duck t-shirt girl on the Pink exercise ball!

I too vote for this one :lol: