All Pac-12

Bud Lee's Beer Thread

Post by Bud Lee »

Sipping on some Newcastle Werewolf right now, pretty darn tasty

MontanaDuck
Three Star Recruit

Re: Bud Lee's Beer Thread

Post by MontanaDuck »

Sipping on some Kettlehouse Cold Smoke at the moment... tasty scotch ale. Plenty of body to it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

Bud Lee, you do know that the best beer in the world is from Oregon, don't you? :D

http://www.worldbeerawards.com/2012/

I have 4 bottles of Deschutes Fresh squeezed IPA straight from the brewery in my fridge downstairs that I will take to my local beer club in November. My husband and I brought them over in our suitcases!

Notice the plane that we flew on?
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

I found some "Chasin' Freshies" at the local beer store. Pretty good, but I'm thinking the Fresh Squeezed is superior though.
AKA: CAgrown
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

goducks wrote:Bud Lee, you do know that the best beer in the world is from Oregon, don't you? :D

http://www.worldbeerawards.com/2012/

I have 4 bottles of Deschutes Fresh squeezed IPA straight from the brewery in my fridge downstairs that I will take to my local beer club in November. My husband and I brought them over in our suitcases!

one of the many reasons I plan on vacationing up there soon :D
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Do y'all ever see Abita in your area?

They are making Andygator in a 6 pack now. This beer will sneak up and have you on your ass if you don't watch it.

Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

Bud Lee wrote:Do y'all ever see Abita in your area?

They are making Andygator in a 6 pack now. This beer will sneak up and have you on your ass if you don't watch it.

Never had it, but I dig the label.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Heard plenty of good reviews on it but I've yet to see one out here on the coast. Just checked the Bier Stein list in Eugene and they've got the Amber, Purple Haze and Turbodog so I'll have to stop by next time I'm over.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:It's pretty simple: if it's not from Oregon I don't drink it.
I don't drink out of state beers on Gamedays, lol
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Duck07 wrote:
Heard plenty of good reviews on it but I've yet to see one out here on the coast. Just checked the Bier Stein list in Eugene and they've got the Amber, Purple Haze and Turbodog so I'll have to stop by next time I'm over.

Amber is good, that is their original. Purple Haze is a raspberry beer but I find the fruit isn’t over bearing like similar brews and turbodog is super dark.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Biggus Duckus wrote:It's pretty simple: if it's not from Oregon I don't drink it.
how would you rate this list?

http://www.portlandmonthlymag.com/bars- ... -july-2013
OreDucks01284
Senior

Bud Lee's Beer Thread

Post by OreDucks01284 »

i like to drink any good beers that are lager, Ale, Stout, etc. Dislike beers like coors, bud, etc.

My favorite so far is Guinness and blue moon.
I cant remember one of Europe's beer that have little hint of chocolate stout.. thats one good beer, got it from world market store in Keizer.

EDIT: oh ya also i would like to add dogfish ipa 90 min and 120 min is damn good, heavy but get buzzed fast haha. first time i regret drinking 4 of 120 min dogfish ipa and ripped up food menu in a restaurant when someone asked me if i can buy him a beer. oh lord, lol that happen in Maryland...of course i got kicked out and friend took me to hospital. Learned my lesson, just know my limit. psh
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Just finished off one of Portland's finest 8-)
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

OreDucks01284 wrote:i like to drink any good beers that are lager, Ale, Stout, etc. Dislike beers like coors, bud, etc.

My favorite so far is Guinness and blue moon.
I cant remember one of Europe's beer that have little hint of chocolate stout.. thats one good beer, got it from world market store in Keizer.

EDIT: oh ya also i would like to add dogfish ipa 90 min and 120 min is damn good, heavy but get buzzed fast haha. first time i regret drinking 4 of 120 min dogfish ipa and ripped up food menu in a restaurant when someone asked me if i can buy him a beer. oh lord, lol that happen in Maryland...of course i got kicked out and friend took me to hospital. Learned my lesson, just know my limit. psh
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

First time I got completely lit in front of my in-laws was at a small restaurant and it was because of that damn dogfish. I tell you know sir, those IPA's are meant to be consumed in pairs and not in the dozens :lol: