Paris Terrorist Attacks

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Re: Paris Terrorist Attacks

Post by FlDuckFan »

Sorry to bring this all back up again but wow does it feel different when something like this happens in your own backyard. I don't personally know anyone who was harmed but I know a few people who know a someone and it's not a good feeling. Never thought something like this could happen in Orlando. Florida is know to be full of crazy people but Orlando's always felt safe.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Very sad day in America.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

FlDuckFan wrote:Sorry to bring this all back up again but wow does it feel different when something like this happens in your own backyard. I don't personally know anyone who was harmed but I know a few people who know a someone and it's not a good feeling. Never thought something like this could happen in Orlando. Florida is know to be full of crazy people but Orlando's always felt safe.
Just reinforces that things like this can happen anywhere. I mean, it happened on a smaller scale (but no less impactful) in Clackamas just a few years ago.

The more that comes out about this story, the more bizarre it gets though. Rather than the story the national media and politicians wants to paint, it looks like it was a closeted gay guy who didn't know how to deal with his feelings and lashed out in a historically violent way. Can't say I saw these revelations coming but the more that comes out about it, the more sense it makes.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Duck24 wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:Sorry to bring this all back up again but wow does it feel different when something like this happens in your own backyard. I don't personally know anyone who was harmed but I know a few people who know a someone and it's not a good feeling. Never thought something like this could happen in Orlando. Florida is know to be full of crazy people but Orlando's always felt safe.
Just reinforces that things like this can happen anywhere. I mean, it happened on a smaller scale (but no less impactful) in Clackamas just a few years ago.

The more that comes out about this story, the more bizarre it gets though. Rather than the story the national media and politicians wants to paint, it looks like it was a closeted gay guy who didn't know how to deal with his feelings and lashed out in a historically violent way. Can't say I saw these revelations coming but the more that comes out about it, the more sense it makes.
Yeah , a lot of the initial news didn't make sense but the more that comes out it looks to be like he may have been a closested individual.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ which makes me wonder about his mental health. Assuming he was a closet gay, it reminds me of mark David Chapman who was do overtly obsessed with John Lennon but then shot him in cold blood.

It's one thing to grapple with your own feelings and identity; but it takes a 'special' kind of disconnect to be able to lash out so violently against so many innocent people.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

There appear to be competing narratives regarding the shooter's motivation. I did find this interesting however:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-1 ... lse-attack

Seems like support of ISIS might be a bigger motivation than is being reported.