Visiting Campus - Questions

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

uconn
High School Drop Out

Visiting Campus - Questions

Post by uconn »

Hi guys.

I've got a family vacation to Sunriver planned for this summer. I'm a UConn alum (currently living in North Carolina) and despite my attempts to get my son to be a Husky fan, for some reason he is a huge Ducks fan. He's 8 years old and has been a fan for a few years now. So we're going to take advantage of our trip out west and swing through campus on our way to Sunriver so he can see it.

So I'm wondering if you guys have any suggestions for what we should do on campus? Will the stadium be open to walk into? Will the basketball arena be open? Is there a preferred spot to get him a Ducks tshirt?

Any tips you have are appreciated. Thanks!!
duck92
Two Star Recruit

Re: Visiting Campus - Questions

Post by duck92 »

Welcome to our board and props for figuring out the correct board to post your question on. People have used this board for years and haven't figured that out yet. Not sure about the availability of the arena during the summer, I would call the arena directly closer to your trip and see if a tour is an option, parts of the football complex will be open, I doubt the general public can just walk in to Autzen, but the newer additions should be. Either way, I'd start your tour at the arena and walk the length of the campus, at the end is the bookstore and 13th avenue, many options for food and entertainment there. On franklin avenue is www.tracktownoncampus.com/, they have good pizza and a lot of oregon memorabilia there. It's also close to the arena. Congrats on your son's good taste, hope you enjoy your trip
uconn
High School Drop Out

Post by uconn »

Appreciate the reply, Duck92. Thanks for the good info...
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

A second welcome to the Ducks family...meaning your son :lol: You have received great tips already, a quick Google gave me this site. I'm sure a couple of phone calls will be very helpful may have to search a little for "U of O visitor information" phone numbers but here's a start. Enjoy your visit out here.

http://www.goducks.com/sports/2015/4/6/210003846.aspx
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

uconn wrote:Hi guys.

I've got a family vacation to Sunriver planned for this summer. I'm a UConn alum (currently living in North Carolina) and despite my attempts to get my son to be a Husky fan, for some reason he is a huge Ducks fan. He's 8 years old and has been a fan for a few years now. So we're going to take advantage of our trip out west and swing through campus on our way to Sunriver so he can see it.

So I'm wondering if you guys have any suggestions for what we should do on campus? Will the stadium be open to walk into? Will the basketball arena be open? Is there a preferred spot to get him a Ducks tshirt?

Any tips you have are appreciated. Thanks!!
When coming from Sunriver check out the Blue pool on the McKenzie river. It is one of the most beautiful places in Oregon! It's a short hike from the road and will only add a couple hours to your trip, but well worth the stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duck92
Two Star Recruit

Post by duck92 »

No problem, if you have any other questions feel free to ask, we'll do our best to help
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

You can always do a campus tour, but they're a little long and your son is a bit young, but our campus is beautiful and you get to learn about it on the tour.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

You can always check out the original Animal House on 11th and Hilyard.