UO Protest

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

TualatinDuck
Senior

UO Protest

Post by TualatinDuck »

Any idea what the protest was about that prevented the announcement of the anonymous 50 million donation?
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Duck24
Senior

Re: UO Protest

Post by Duck24 »

According to the Daily Emerald, a myriad of reasons. Indigenous rights, fascism, Nazi’s, safety on campus, tuition. Typical student protest, disjointed, with no real message other than to be an annoyance. I’m sure it accomplished a lot, just like all their other protests do.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Duck24 wrote:According to the Daily Emerald, a myriad of reasons. Indigenous rights, fascism, Nazi’s, safety on campus, tuition. Typical student protest, disjointed, with no real message other than to be an annoyance. I’m sure it accomplished a lot, just like all their other protests do.
OK, so native American rights, the current democratic political direction, Hitler (wasn't aware he was a threat still), have there been a rash of physical attacks lately?, $$$. Did I interpret that correctly?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I applaud their compartmentalization. It took Portland like 6 separate protests to cover all those topics.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I applaud their compartmentalization. It took Portland like 6 separate protests to cover all those topics.
Lol
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

TualatinDuck wrote:
Duck24 wrote:According to the Daily Emerald, a myriad of reasons. Indigenous rights, fascism, Nazi’s, safety on campus, tuition. Typical student protest, disjointed, with no real message other than to be an annoyance. I’m sure it accomplished a lot, just like all their other protests do.
OK, so native American rights, the current democratic political direction, Hitler (wasn't aware he was a threat still), have there been a rash of physical attacks lately?, $$$. Did I interpret that correctly?
Um, exactly...you're welcome. Another example of protesting changing our society for the better.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phalanx wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:
Um, exactly...you're welcome. Another example of protesting changing our society for the better.
Apparently you guys didn't know that he escaped to South America with a great meth recipe called Vitamultin AND a cure for Parkinson's. Gus Fring is based on a real life Boy From Brazil.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Phalanx wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:
BAM!
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Duck07 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:
Apparently you guys didn't know that he escaped to South America with a great meth recipe called Vitamultin AND a cure for Parkinson's. Gus Fring is based on a real life Boy From Brazil.
Documentary I watched said he fled to Antarctica..