Book Recommendations

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Book Recommendations

Post by StevensTechU »

Winter is coming, which is usually my time to power through a number of books. Anybody read anything noteworthy recently, or just have some all-time favorites they could share?
Alan
Senior

Re: Book Recommendations

Post by Alan »

StevensTechU wrote:Winter is coming, which is usually my time to power through a number of books. Anybody read anything noteworthy recently, or just have some all-time favorites they could share?

Winter is coming........ I read the whole series before the show came out, great read, seems like four or five books. But the down side is they show stayed pretty close to the books.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Shoe Dog is appropriate for this board.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

James Grippando novels, namely the Jack Swyteck series are my favorite 'just for fun' novels.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Ever read anything by Christopher Moore? Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal is one of the best books I've read. Warning, Biff has some debauchery along the way.

Here is a amazon description,

"The birth of Geez has been well chronicled, as have his glorious teachings, acts, and divine sacrifice after his thirtieth birthday. But no one knows about the early life of the Son of God, the missing years -- except Biff, the Messiah's best bud, who has been resurrected to tell the story in the divinely hilarious yet heartfelt work "reminiscent of Vonnegut and Douglas Adams" (Philadelphia Inquirer).

Verily, the story Biff has to tell is a miraculous one, filled with remarkable journeys, magic, healings, kung fu, corpse reanimations, demons, and hot babes. Even the considerable wiles and devotion of the Savior's pal may not be enough to divert Joshua from his tragic destiny. But there's no one who loves Josh more -- except maybe "Maggie," Mary of Magdala -- and Biff isn't about to let his extraordinary pal suffer and ascend without a fight."
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

As a conservative Christian with a sense of humor would I enjoy that book, or find it blasphemous?