XBox/PS3 MW2

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

tristanduck
One Star Recruit

Re: XBox/PS3 MW2

Post by tristanduck »

PS3- jerichojosh mostly play MW2 but I do have NBA2k10 and Madden.
oregon232
Two Star Recruit

Post by oregon232 »

ps3- Holy_Masoli
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

tristanduck wrote:PS3- jerichojosh mostly play MW2 but I do have NBA2k10 and Madden.
Some good playing today. I started off with a 19-6 game, but kinda slowed down after that. I got pwned in scrapyard. That is my least favorite map as a sniper, yuck.

btw our clan name is 'duck'

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
tristanduck
One Star Recruit

Post by tristanduck »

I do pretty well on small maps like Scrapyard with assault rifles. I nearly had a flawless game on Rundown.
So, who wants to try setting up a private match? It'd be fun to do a sniping only game.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

ps3-Kleenax
Play MW2, MAG, NCAA(mostly offline, gotta get my dynasty on).
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I really have just gotten into multiplayer once people started posting their ID tags this week. I really like the Ground War setting since you get 2 different games without having to leave the lobby. Really like the High Rise since the passage way that goes underneath between the main buildings really helps you sneak up on people and rack up the kill points. I absolutely hate the Wasteland since people tend to congregate in in the trench and the Underpass since you can barely see anyone in the rain unless you get close.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:I really have just gotten into multiplayer once people started posting their ID tags this week. I really like the Ground War setting since you get 2 different games without having to leave the lobby. Really like the High Rise since the passage way that goes underneath between the main buildings really helps you sneak up on people and rack up the kill points. I absolutely hate the Wasteland since people tend to congregate in in the trench and the Underpass since you can barely see anyone in the rain unless you get close.
Wasteland is awesome for me as a sniper. I always double my k/d ratio on that map.

And ground war IS one of my favorite to play as well. Team deathmatch is always solid too, although I highly prefer EXPRESS team deathmatch so I don't have to wait a minute in between games.

oregon232
Two Star Recruit

Post by oregon232 »

I prefer the small maps like Scrapyard and Highrise...
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:I really have just gotten into multiplayer once people started posting their ID tags this week. I really like the Ground War setting since you get 2 different games without having to leave the lobby. Really like the High Rise since the passage way that goes underneath between the main buildings really helps you sneak up on people and rack up the kill points. I absolutely hate the Wasteland since people tend to congregate in in the trench and the Underpass since you can barely see anyone in the rain unless you get close.
Wasteland is awesome for me as a sniper. I always double my k/d ratio on that map.

And ground war IS one of my favorite to play as well. Team deathmatch is always solid too, although I highly prefer EXPRESS team deathmatch so I don't have to wait a minute in between games.
For deathmatch, I choose Express since I hate intermission, just want to keep playing as soon as one game ends. I haven't quite mastered where to place myself as a sniper on Wasteland; I always end up getting killed from someone sneaking up behind me, plus play there ends up as trench warfare since that's where people try to hole up and try to fend off attackers.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

For deathmatch, I choose Express since I hate intermission, just want to keep playing as soon as one game ends. I haven't quite mastered where to place myself as a sniper on Wasteland; I always end up getting killed from someone sneaking up behind me, plus play there ends up as trench warfare since that's where people try to hole up and try to fend off attackers.
Well what perks are you using? If you aren't using ninja and cold blooded, then yeah, you will get killed a lot. As a sniper, I like to be as discrete as possible. Also having the bling perk with your Barrett .50 cal is also SICK in some levels. Selecting the heartbeat sensor and the thermal scope, make it so easy to get lots of kills in some levels.

However, there are times I don't like the thermal scope, so that's why I have 2 sniper classes.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I'm only a level 16 so some things aren't open to me yet. I tried to use my own sniper class but it was just not working so I switched over to the preset one and things were looking up, especially on the Afghan map where there are hills to hide you.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:I'm only a level 16 so some things aren't open to me yet. I tried to use my own sniper class but it was just not working so I switched over to the preset one and things were looking up, especially on the Afghan map where there are hills to hide you.
Ah, well when you get to level 25-30 (I believe that's when you get these perks), definitely use the cold blooded and ninja perks when you are sniping.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Well, I've gotten to level 16 and that's only with playing multi-player since like Thursday. I used to let a lot of the higher rated players do a lot of the work and pick off only a couple; now that I've gotten some better perks and attachments, I am starting to get a hang of on-line play and not just act like cannon fodder for everyone else.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

M4A1 w/ silencer

Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

Favorite class to use as you are invisible to enemy radar.

A good running class is:
UMP w/ silencer
PP2000 w/ silencer

Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Ninja Pro
shear_j
Four Star Recruit

Post by shear_j »

I find the FAMAS with stopping power to be rediculously good :D

In fact thats all I use anymore. One with red dot, one with acog, one with thermal.