Senior

Boyett signs with the BC Lions

Post by Alan »

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: Boyett signs with the BC Lions

Post by dd10snoop28 »

"Being the man of high character that he is, it’s no surprise that Boyett’s favorite coach at Oregon is secondary coach John Neal."

Weird. The entire article seems entirely unnecessary and far too complimentary of Boyett. Seems as if Boyett wrote this article himself.... Actually, I'm not sure it's even possible for somebody to drool over himself as much as the author does over Boyett in this article. WOW! I hope this is a joke.

"One thing that is clear to those who know John Boyett is that he is as good a man as you’ll meet. Recently, while eating dinner in Napa, Boyett heard screaming coming from people who had stopped a car in an intersection. He worried that there was a baby stuck under the car. Selfless mode on! While everyone else looked and watched from a distance, Boyett ran an NFL style sprint to climb out of his chair and leap a fence to save what he thought was a child in distress. As it turned out, it was a dog, and he didn’t have to climb over the fence and into the road, but it is a perfect example of what kind of person he is: selfless, willing to step up in any situation, a real hero."
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

People on another forum have had personal interactions with him and they say is not so nice.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:"Being the man of high character that he is, it’s no surprise that Boyett’s favorite coach at Oregon is secondary coach John Neal."

Weird. The entire article seems entirely unnecessary and far too complimentary of Boyett. Seems as if Boyett wrote this article himself.... Actually, I'm not sure it's even possible for somebody to drool over himself as much as the author does over Boyett in this article. WOW! I hope this is a joke.

"One thing that is clear to those who know John Boyett is that he is as good a man as you’ll meet. Recently, while eating dinner in Napa, Boyett heard screaming coming from people who had stopped a car in an intersection. He worried that there was a baby stuck under the car. Selfless mode on! While everyone else looked and watched from a distance, Boyett ran an NFL style sprint to climb out of his chair and leap a fence to save what he thought was a child in distress. As it turned out, it was a dog, and he didn’t have to climb over the fence and into the road, but it is a perfect example of what kind of person he is: selfless, willing to step up in any situation, a real hero."
lol, well.. I don't know where they got all of that.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

As a BC Lions fan myself, I'm glad to have him.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

FlDuckFan wrote:As a BC Lions fan myself, I'm glad to have him.
How does one in Florida become a fan of a west coast CFL team?
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:As a BC Lions fan myself, I'm glad to have him.
How does one in Florida become a fan of a west coast CFL team?
I started watching the games about 6-7 years ago whenever I could find them either on tv or via the Internet. I don't know why exactly I chose them but I did and try to follow as best I can now as living in Florida makes it nearly impossible.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

All my relatives are Canadian so I keep up with it a little bit, and we are always up there during Thanksgiving weekend which is right around when they have the Grey cup. I actually like the rules that they have, I find it a lot more exciting than any other knockoff football league. I just wish there were more teams, half of the teams play in the conference finals.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

lukeyrid13 wrote:All my relatives are Canadian so I keep up with it a little bit, and we are always up there during Thanksgiving weekend which is right around when they have the Grey cup. I actually like the rules that they have, I find it a lot more exciting than any other knockoff football league. I just wish there were more teams, half of the teams play in the conference finals.
More teams would be awesome, the rules make it really fun to watch and it's way better than any league trying to be second fiddle. I've always said if I came into some expendable monies I'd make the trip to the Grey Cup after going to a Duck game.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

According to a couple of other boards , Boyett has NOT signed yet. And yes posters on other boards have also not painted quite as rosy a picture of JB as this article does.

I have heard less than nice things about him from some people who have contacts in the UO AD as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk