Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: NBA free agency

Post by UOducksTK1 »

So Ed Davis and Aminu so far?

We are going to be a terrible FT shooting team.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

good.

this is going to be the most entertaining college hoops season in a long while, between the team it looks like oregon is going to have and keeping tabs on the elite players around the country. top five pick, here we come.
ImageImageImageImageImage
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

oregontrack wrote:good.

this is going to be the most entertaining college hoops season in a long while, between the team it looks like oregon is going to have and keeping tabs on the elite players around the country. top five pick, here we come.
I think the Blazers will be more competitive than most people do. They're going to be very young, though, and it's going to take time for these younger guys to develop. I think they'd still be good enough to make the playoffs if they were in the eastern conference, but there's little chance in the west.

If these young guys develop into solid players, and they can grab a couple more good players in the draft and add a couple veterans in free agency, they could be back on track in just a couple years.

Crossing my fingers.
John 3:36
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Well they will have a lot of money to spend next off season, but most likely will fail to get anybody of impact again.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

thomas time wrote:Well they will have a lot of money to spend next off season, but most likely will fail to get anybody of impact again.
At least our 2016 pick is top 14 protected. Might as well rack up some youth the next couple years in the draft before making a splash in FA.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

SuperDuck wrote:

I think the Blazers will be more competitive than most people do. They're going to be very young, though, and it's going to take time for these younger guys to develop. I think they'd still be good enough to make the playoffs if they were in the eastern conference, but there's little chance in the west.

If these young guys develop into solid players, and they can grab a couple more good players in the draft and add a couple veterans in free agency, they could be back on track in just a couple years.

Crossing my fingers.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-f ... cid=espntw

Zach Lowe thinks otherwise, and sadly, I agree with him. I'll be happy if the Blazers win 40 games.

RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:

Crossing my fingers.

Zach Lowe thinks otherwise, and sadly, I agree with him. I'll be happy if the Blazers win 40 games.
I'm thinking they will be lucky to win 30. It's going to be a rough season.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

RanDux wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:

Crossing my fingers.

I'm thinking they will be lucky to win 30. It's going to be a rough season.
with all the flexibility we have and having a solid core to build around (Lillard, CJ, Meyers, and Plumblee), i think one great draft pick could put us back in the top echelon of the west again. If we suck next year, hit a home run with a top 5 pick, and sign a couple solid free agents with that cap space i would say were back.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

There could be a potential Mark Cuban rant/explosion if DeAndre Jordan decides to go back on his Mavs deal and re-signs with the Clips. If he goes back on the deal, the Mavs would basically have wasted another off-season on chasing FA and not have a potential building block to stick next to Nowitzki.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

greenyellow wrote:There could be a potential Mark Cuban rant/explosion if DeAndre Jordan decides to go back on his Mavs deal and re-signs with the Clips. If he goes back on the deal, the Mavs would basically have wasted another off-season on chasing FA and not have a potential building block to stick next to Nowitzki.
Awesome right? I hoped that the Mavs didnt sign Jordan (Mavs fan) but reneging on the offer is pretty low. Clippers are now a hated team to me.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I'm with RanDux on 30 wins. It will ugly if it end's up like that, but in the best interest for the team's future going forward.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Sounds like OKC's Enes Kanter is in Portland to sign an offer sheet. He averaged nearly 19 points and 11 rebounds a game but his defense would make Lillard look like an All-Defensive team member.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

But since Kanter is a restricted free agent the thunder can match any offer and are expected to do so unless the blazers structure the offer where it prevents the thunder from matching
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

They won't match. That would put them over the tax and would have to pay something close to 40 million next year.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Kanter is a signing that would get me excited. Only 23 and can ball. Finally a big man that can shoot FTs too.