26%
Phalanx
74%

Total votes: 23
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Re: Who will win the bet?

Post by Bud Lee »

GrandpaDuck wrote:I have to go with TK. This should be in "The Other Guys" not off-topic, it is about an Oregon opponent and has Duck SOS implications.

I think we should vote on which Section it belongs in.
I see your point but the topic is a actually about a bet with the subject of the bet being the outcome of future games of a former Duck opponent. I'm all for a vote on where this belongs though...problem is I can figure out what board is the appropriate venue for said vote :lol:
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

fpsduck wrote:Kentucky, AU and Vandy are all winnable IMO.

I see AU, Mizzou and Vandy as winnable for them, I just don't think they will win all of those. I see them beating KY and maybe Mizzou, then losing the others. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong and they win all of their SEC games with the exception of Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama but I'm sure no one would "bet" me on that. Heck, Phalanx was not even willing to bet a over under at 2 SEC wins.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:I have to go with TK. This should be in "The Other Guys" not off-topic, it is about an Oregon opponent and has Duck SOS implications.

lol, yes please

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

UOducksTK1 wrote:

lol, yes please
Created
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

It seems obvious that Bud wants this thread buried under 'other' because he is losing in the poll and is going to lose the bet. He is hoping everyone will forget about his foolish statement that Tennessee would only win one game in the SEC, which was made in an attempt to belittle the ducks' victory over an SEC opponent. He is also really hoping he won't have to post an avatar stating that the ducks are way better than LSU for the entire bowl season.

Just remember, Bud, that you dug your own grave.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phalanx wrote:It seems obvious that Bud wants this thread buried under 'other' because he is losing in the poll and is going to lose the bet. He is hoping everyone will forget about his foolish statement that Tennessee would only win one game in the SEC, which was made in an attempt to belittle the ducks' victory over an SEC opponent. He is also really hoping he won't have to post an avatar stating that the ducks are way better than LSU for the entire bowl season.

Just remember, Bud, that you dug your own grave.
lol, UT is about to get win #1 if they don't go backwards here
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

yeah, this was an unexpected win that will be the proverbial last nail regarding the bet. oh well, obviously Butch Jones has Tenn moving in the right direction which is great for everyone and a big accomplishment after only getting one SEC win last year. Still, they are likely to lose the next 3 games, maybe 4, before beating UK. Though it would make me incredibly happy to see them beat bama this weekend and give my tigers another chance at a SEC championship.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Moved back to "The Other Guys" per poll results
Grand Vol
Two Star Recruit

Post by Grand Vol »

If anyone is crazy enough to think we drop the remaining three games on our schedule, please feel free to speak up.

Not losing to Kentucky.

Certainly not losing to Vanderbilt...at home. That's like me telling you Duck fans "you're going to lose to Utah while playing in Autzen."

Auburn can probably be chucked up as another in the L column though.

Three SEC wins for a first season under Butch. Two scrub teams and a quality win. I'll take it.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

This was made the week after y'all lost to Oregon , or close to it. At that time I was thinking you guys would only beat KY and would either lose or win a close one to Vandy, making y'all a one - two win team. Then y'all had to go and beat South Carolina.

Honestly, I think you will split the two now and will have 2 SEC wins.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Bud Lee wrote:This was made the week after y'all lost to Oregon , or close to it. At that time I was thinking you guys would only beat KY and would either lose or win a close one to Vandy, making y'all a one - two win team. Then y'all had to go and beat South Carolina.

Admitting defeat, prematurely?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:This was made the week after y'all lost to Oregon , or close to it. At that time I was thinking you guys would only beat KY and would either lose or win a close one to Vandy, making y'all a one - two win team. Then y'all had to go and beat South Carolina.

Nah, there is a small chance they don't win anymore since Worley is likely out for the rest of the regular season but that SC game was deflating and though KY has a good defense I don't see them scoring much on Tennennsee l. I suppose we will see though

My point was then and remains now that defeating Tennessee was not the same as defeating Bama, LSU, A&M, etc. In other words , not a big victory over a "mighty" SEC team worthy of chest beating and what not. They are a bottom teir SEC team that is improving. They won't be bottom teir for long but there is a real chance that they won't even make it to bowl eligibility and may only have one or two conference wins this year.

Y'all basically beat our verson of Utah or Washington State
vols4evah
Two Star Recruit

Post by vols4evah »

Bud Lee wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

Nah, there is a small chance they don't win anymore since Worley is likely out for the rest of the regular season but that SC game was deflating and though KY has a good defense I don't see them scoring much on Tennennsee l. I suppose we will see though

My point was then and remains now that defeating Tennessee was not the same as defeating Bama, LSU, A&M, etc. In other words , not a big victory over a "mighty" SEC team worthy of chest beating and what not. They are a bottom teir SEC team that is improving. They won't be bottom teir for long but there is a real chance that they won't even make it to bowl eligibility and may only have one or two conference wins this year.

Y'all basically beat our verson of Utah or Washington State

makes me a sad panda :(
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

:lol: I'm sorry man.

LSU is not the bee's knees this year either. Soon you all will be back on top in the East. Butch Jones will turn things around , I have faith :P
vols4evah
Two Star Recruit

Post by vols4evah »

Bud Lee wrote::lol: I'm sorry man.

LSU is not the bee's knees this year either. Soon you all will be back on top in the East. Butch Jones will turn things around , I have faith :P

yes I know and it is what it is that's college football and what makes it so great, as bad as we are I do think we win the last two especially after watching them play each other today.