NBA / Blazers Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: NBA / Blazers Thread

Post by pudgejeff »

oregontrack wrote:pdx is in quite the bind. i don't think they'll get out of the 1st round, but even if you want to argue that with me, i would hope nobody in their right mind thinks this bunch can get to the WCF.

people "think" that portland could pry omer asik from houston (along w/ casspi + filler) for wesley matthews and meyers leonard. if that's true, i mean... you have to do it. yeah, no one wants to break up chemistry. but c'mon. good chemistry isn't going to win a playoff round. a top-five rim protector like asik could.

and that's really the biggest upside here: asik will improve our ungodly defense, and he knows what to do with the ball down low.

the downside would be that we wouldn't really have an nba-caliber starting 2 guard. but you could always just start batum there, and have casspi play the 3. we'd call on McC and mo williams to play a bit more running alongside lillard, allowing batum to go back to his natural spot.

you'd have to start asik, because he's pouting in houston right now because he's coming off the bench. lopez has played well, but he'd have to accept a reserve role.

Still seem like a good trade?