NBA / Blazers Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

NBA / Blazers Thread

Post by Duck07 »

Who could have guessed that all Portland was going to do on offense was shoot long jumpers? If LMA can't bang inside against those beasts for Phoenix than Olshey might as well trade him because it means you're not going to get any paint production this season or any other unless you find that magical franchise center in the draft.
Phalanx
Senior

Re: Blazers suck again

Post by Phalanx »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

2 players scored in double digits, and Batum had twice as many rebounds as anyone else. Not gonna win like that. Yuck.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Lopez had an awful game. They need to play LMA @ center and TRob @ PF.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

The Blazers have sucked for the better part of two decades now. You would think at some point with all the high draft picks they would have to improve. Its literally statistically impossible to still be this bad after this long.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

QuackininBama wrote:The Blazers have sucked for the better part of two decades now. You would think at some point with all the high draft picks they would have to improve. Its literally statistically impossible to still be this bad after this long.
Management. I miss Pritchard honestly.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Wow Portland is still just 2 guys and a bunch of scrubs.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:The Blazers have sucked for the better part of two decades now. You would think at some point with all the high draft picks they would have to improve. Its literally statistically impossible to still be this bad after this long.
Management. I miss Pritchard honestly.
I miss Pritchard too. Honestly, though, this is only one game. There's a LOT of ball left to be played. The fact that they lost to a Suns team that's going through a MAJOR rebuilding effort makes it look worse.

Stotts will need to keep working different pieces of the puzzle together until he finds good combinations. They're going to take some time to gel.

That being said, if they're under the .500 mark after 20 games I'd say there's real cause for concern. I'm still in "wait and see" mode. Hoping for the best.
John 3:36
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

That was a very disturbing start to the season, but I'll give them a bit of time. Everything looked so damn labored last night. If you can't get easy buckets against the suns, with the talent we have, something is wrong.
ImageImageImageImageImage
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

oregontrack wrote:That was a very disturbing start to the season, but I'll give them a bit of time. Everything looked so damn labored last night. If you can't get easy buckets against the suns, with the talent we have, something is wrong.

Lillard and LaMarcus are the only consistent threats.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

They did beat just beat denver in denver fairly handily
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Big win tonight, I think they had lost 18 out of their last 19 games in Denver. They had different guys get hot, first Nic, then Damien, then Wes and then Lamarcus.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

How about a season long NBA thread? Ahh whatever i guess nobody else on this board would want to talk about anyone besides the Blazers. Life as a hardcore San Antonio Spurs fan in Eugene is tough.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

OregonFan4Life wrote:How about a season long NBA thread? Ahh whatever i guess nobody else on this board would want to talk about anyone besides the Blazers. Life as a hardcore San Antonio Spurs fan in Eugene is tough.
I'm a lifelong Orlando Magic fan, grew up a Penny Hardaway fan. I'd be down for a thread.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

last year i thought we used the blazer thread as an all-purpose nba thread. i'm a pacer fan, so i know i personally bored many of you with relentless paul george talk much of the season.

last night we got the usual production from lma and lillard, and wes (21 & 12) and batum (21/5/3) showed up. easy win. could have used that against phoenix...

through two games? freeland's outplaying robin lopez by a country mile. he hit the offensive glass hard last night, led directly to quite a few buckets.
ImageImageImageImageImage