NBA / Blazers Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

thomas time
Senior

Re: NBA / Blazers Thread

Post by thomas time »

LaMarcus comes back and blazers get last two games on road trip, got 6 of final 8 games at home.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Since LMA has been out, Blazers haven't held a team at 90 points or less. Both games LMA has been back, Blazers give up 74 and 85 points. (Hawks average 101ppg too)

Hopefully the Blazers can finish the season strong and get some momentum going into the post season.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

well, it helps that chicago can't score at all and atlanta was missing al horford and kyle korver, which made their best offensive playmaker paul milsap or jeff teague.

but lamarcus did get back at absolutely the right time. pdx was only two games in front of dallas for the #9 seed. if the blazers want to finish strong (with, as mentioned, 6 of the last 8 at home), they could at least go into the postseason with a little momentum. lamarcus is a very good, but not elite player. it's unfortunate that his absence sent this team into such an ineffective downward spiral. most good teams don't go *completely* into tank mode if they still have another all star and roster full of complimentary players, but that's portland i guess.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Solid win against the Grizz tonight.

Warriors lost to NY tonight, helps seeding if we want 5th seed. Only 2.5 back from Houston, but unless Blazers win basically all their games, I don't think a home field advantage in the first round is happening.

RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Solid win against the Grizz tonight.

Warriors lost to NY tonight, helps seeding if we want 5th seed. Only 2.5 back from Houston, but unless Blazers win basically all their games, I don't think a home field advantage in the first round is happening.
Although it appears that Howard is going to be out for awhile. Should make it interesting.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

RanDux wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Solid win against the Grizz tonight.

Although it appears that Howard is going to be out for awhile. Should make it interesting.
I still don't see rockets losing 5 out of their last 10 games, and Blazers winning their last 7 in a row. But I guess it's not impossible.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Lillard's dunk before halftime. WOW...

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Houston losses, if Blazers can hold off LA...

Houston 49-24
Blazers 49-27
Warriors 46-28

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Down go Rockets and Warriors tonight.

Houston 49-25
Blazers 49-27
Warriors 46-29

Blazers basically have the 5th seed, barring any absolute season ending meltdown. Would be incredible if we could get home court advantage from Houston.

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i would rather play the '92 dream team in a 7 game series than this year's suns.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Down go Rockets and Warriors tonight.

Houston 49-25
Blazers 49-27
Warriors 46-29

Blazers basically have the 5th seed, barring any absolute season ending meltdown. Would be incredible if we could get home court advantage from Houston.
That would be absolutely huge, having home court is just that big.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Blazers have to win out. Rockets have to lose two of their last four:
Fri, Apr 11
@ Minnesota
vs New Orleans
vs San Antonio
@ New Orleans

Wouldn't be on it, but Howard is still out.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Blazers have to win out. Rockets have to lose two of their last four:
Fri, Apr 11
@ Minnesota - Loss
vs New Orleans
vs San Antonio
@ New Orleans

Wouldn't be on it, but Howard is still out.
Portland beat Sac last night and has GS and LAC remaining. I think Houston has to lose 2 of the next 3 as they own the tiebreaker over Por. I think the Blazers should make every attempt to win those two games as long as Houston keeps losing as getting home court should make a big difference, especially if you're concerned about Houston's ability to get to the line.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Blazers need to beat the Clippers, and Rockets need to lose to vs San Antonio and @ New Orleans.

Man home field advantage would be a nice note going into playoffs. But I think too much needs to happen.

BTW fun win over Warriors tonight. It was nice to have Mo Williams back. Watson's terrible.

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I went to the game tonight, WOOOW playoff ATMOSPHERE!!! Too bad Pelicans to win last night, Rockets ended game on 15-0 run when they were down 7 or 8. Amazing shooting by Curry, even the blazers fans were kinda of into it.