Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Post by OregonFan4Life »

pudgejeff wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
thomas time wrote:you can't trade C.J. for Paul George, he'll just leave after next season for the Lakers. LaMarcus had a good first half yesterday, but then missed some easy shots once Kawhi went down.
Of course Aldridge disappeared when the team needed him most. I thought about starting a new thread here about if that play where Zaza fouled Kawhi on that jump shot was a dirty play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whether it was or wasn't, I don't think Pop or the Spurs can ever complain about it as Bruce Bowen did that continuously through his whole career and was defended for it saying it wasn't dirty.
How does that affect Kawhi Leonard though? I don't get that logic.

pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
thomas time wrote:you can't trade C.J. for Paul George, he'll just leave after next season for the Lakers. LaMarcus had a good first half yesterday, but then missed some easy shots once Kawhi went down.
Of course Aldridge disappeared when the team needed him most. I thought about starting a new thread here about if that play where Zaza fouled Kawhi on that jump shot was a dirty play.

Whether it was or wasn't, I don't think Pop or the Spurs can ever complain about it as Bruce Bowen did that continuously through his whole career and was defended for it saying it wasn't dirty.

Not sure either of us brought up anything about Kawhi Leonard?
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

https://twitter.com/warriorsworld/statu ... 3591570432

that's lamarcus going OUT OF HIS WAY to put a foot under durant. he even takes an extra, unnecessary step after KD is in the air and the ball is gone. he doesn't even have the momentum excuse that zaza had.

what happened to leonard is unfortunate but coming from a fan of a team who seems to do nothing but shoot 3's and long jumpers i can safely say that people extend their legs and do this ALL THE TIME. if the nba wants to change it, they need to go into next season under a new emphasis to call it and weed it out of the game.
ImageImageImageImageImage
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

pudgejeff wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:

Not sure either of us brought up anything about Kawhi Leonard?
The question was simply if Zaza's foul was dirty, but people keep responding with Bowen and karma and blah blah blah, but I guess for me, it's Kawhi that suffered the most and he never made dirty plays or benefited from Bowen's dirty plays so I don't get it.

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

oregontrack wrote:https://twitter.com/warriorsworld/statu ... 3591570432

that's lamarcus going OUT OF HIS WAY to put a foot under durant. he even takes an extra, unnecessary step after KD is in the air and the ball is gone. he doesn't even have the momentum excuse that zaza had.

what happened to leonard is unfortunate but coming from a fan of a team who seems to do nothing but shoot 3's and long jumpers i can safely say that people extend their legs and do this ALL THE TIME. if the nba wants to change it, they need to go into next season under a new emphasis to call it and weed it out of the game.
Even his dirty plays are soft, is there anything tough about this guy?!

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

no. no, there is not. he likes beating houston in the playoffs but anyone else and his contributions are minimal.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

Free-agency begins Friday at 9:00. Or, to be more accurate, I believe teams and players can come to agreements, and contracts can officially be signed about a week later.

Obviously Portland has no money, except for about 5.5 mil they're eligible to use via their MLE. As we saw last year the salary cap has exploded and teams have lots of money to burn, so prepare for a bunch of huge contracts to flood the league... and suffice to say, 5.5 isn't going to land anyone worthwhile.

Portland's best bet, IMO, is to sit back and let the flurry of spending commence. Let teams sign their prize free agents, then attempt to swoop in with a deal aimed at desperate teams who failed to sign anyone they wanted. Perhaps they can get lucky and unload a bad contract on a GM feeling pressure to make the playoffs. Perhaps lightning can strike twice and Brooklyn will be Brooklyn and will agree to take Allen Crabbe for a second rounder. I won't debate the likelihood of that, but desperation does exist so cross your fingers and hope the franchise can take advantage of it.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Thurston wrote:Free-agency begins Friday at 9:00. Or, to be more accurate, I believe teams and players can come to agreements, and contracts can officially be signed about a week later.

Obviously Portland has no money, except for about 5.5 mil they're eligible to use via their MLE. As we saw last year the salary cap has exploded and teams have lots of money to burn, so prepare for a bunch of huge contracts to flood the league... and suffice to say, 5.5 isn't going to land anyone worthwhile.

Portland's best bet, IMO, is to sit back and let the flurry of spending commence. Let teams sign their prize free agents, then attempt to swoop in with a deal aimed at desperate teams who failed to sign anyone they wanted. Perhaps they can get lucky and unload a bad contract on a GM feeling pressure to make the playoffs. Perhaps lightning can strike twice and Brooklyn will be Brooklyn and will agree to take Allen Crabbe for a second rounder. I won't debate the likelihood of that, but desperation does exist so cross your fingers and hope the franchise can take advantage of it.
And our MLE means little with how much money is out there to spend on FAs. I doubt we would get anyone better than Harkless, Aminu, or Crabbe.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Didn't the NBA just lower the cap by like 2-3 million next season?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

As of now, Portland has all 15 roster spots used up and would have only the room exception which is about 2.5 million to offer anyone. We will drop ezeli and probably quarterman and likely just stand pat. Not exciting but our hands are kinda tied at this point.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Duck07 wrote:Didn't the NBA just lower the cap by like 2-3 million next season?
No it was 2-3 million less growth than they expected, but still 8-9 million of growth. But looking like almost no growth to the luxury tax limit.
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

Duck07 wrote:Didn't the NBA just lower the cap by like 2-3 million next season?
Projections showed the cap at $102, it ended up being $99. I see now that my comment was misleading, what I meant to say is that teams are still bursting with cap room from when the cap went from $70-ish to where it's currently at over the last two years.
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

BLOCKBUSTER:

Portland trades Tim Quarterman to Houston for cash.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Blazers social media team is killing it today:
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index ... 72017.html

Freeman talks about how there's no edict coming from the top down about shedding salary. That doesn't mean Portland won't try if the right deal comes up, and we are still 10 months out from the first tax dollars being officially spent so that decision can change, but it doesn't sound like it's a priority. Holdal also talks about how living in the cap isn't quite as bad as it used be with all the extra revenue coming in. Sounds like it's no one's ideal situation, but it hardly prohibits certain owners from swimming in those waters and Paul Allen sounds like one of those owners.