Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Phalanx
Senior

Re: Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Post by Phalanx »

oregontrack wrote:seeing fewer and fewer reasons not to come up with a package including crabbe for nerlens noel (and filler). philly's gotta be pretty motivated to move him at this point, and they need shooters. and we certainly need a defensive-minded big man.
Is this a rumor somewhere? I would be absolutely shocked if another team wanted Crabbe and that salary at all. That team would have to be pretty dumb.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

it is indeed the hot new rumor. one of those deals that makes too much sense for both teams so it'll likely never happen, because the nba is weird like that.
ImageImageImageImageImage
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

if it helps, start thinking about the decent lotto pick we'll get in a fairly deep draft. we should be able to come away with a legit big man.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

oregontrack wrote:if it helps, start thinking about the decent lotto pick we'll get in a fairly deep draft. we should be able to come away with a legit big man.
:lol:

That's good, because whoever they draft will have to replace Plumlee, since the team can't afford to re-sign him.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Looks like the team agreed with me: Plumlee traded.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1867 ... ailblazers

Seems like a good trade for both teams, which is Olshey's specialty. The Blazers are getting a pick in the low 20's for a guy they wouldn't have been able to re-sign. Nurkic is a stab in the dark; he probably won't re-sign with Portland either. The Blazers are going to be woeful for the next few years, but at least now they can try to develop some young guys while they wait. Olshey does his best to salvage a bad situation that he created this summer.

At least the draft will be interesting now.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I love this trade for Portland. Like you said, they weren't resigning Plumlee so better to get something for him. I'll take additional draft capital in the first round and a younger big guy. Between these draft picks, a salary dump guy like Festivus Ezeli and guys like Crabbe, Turner or Harkless that other teams might like, Portland could be a player this off-season.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

nurkic has two years of team control left so that's something. he's not the all around player plumdog is but he might be a little better defensively. he's also four years younger, so there's still some development going on.

he's also pretty good at getting under the skin of opponents.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Anytime you can trade a white guy from Duke and get a first rounder...you do it.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Nurkic has potential to be pretty good if he can get someone to motivate him.

Good trade for the Blazers.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Agreed. Plumlee is a very skilled player, but his lack of length is hard to overcome. Length gets you boards/blocks.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Im pretty sure Portland got more value for Plum than Kings did for Cousins.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I drafted both Plumlee and Nurkic in my fantasy league, and when Nurk was playing 20 plus minutes with Denver they both were putting up great stats. I dropped him since he wasn't playing very many minutes, and then picked him back up when blazers got him. Nurk is a really good solid player with a post up game, and like others have said they weren't going to resign Plumlee.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The blazers got robbed of a win last night, which actually might be a good thing all things considered. But the Wizards player clearly strapped on the line before making the game winning basket. I'm not sure if it can't be overturned on the replay or not, but it seemed like a big miss by the refs.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

buckmarkduck wrote:The blazers got robbed of a win last night, which actually might be a good thing all things considered. But the Wizards player clearly strapped on the line before making the game winning basket. I'm not sure if it can't be overturned on the replay or not, but it seemed like a big kid by the refs.
I will forgive the Wizards if they pass Cleveland in the standings and get us a better draft pick. I still think the Blazers have a good chance to make the playoffs though. Not sure if that is a good thing or not, but at least Parsons will have to eat his words about having fun in the lottery this year.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:The blazers got robbed of a win last night, which actually might be a good thing all things considered. But the Wizards player clearly strapped on the line before making the game winning basket. I'm not sure if it can't be overturned on the replay or not, but it seemed like a big miss by the refs.
We are 3rd last in lotto, but we could pretty realistically drop 3 more spots. Here's to losing more the rest of the season!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13