Chargers moving to LA

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Chargers moving to LA

Post by greenyellow »

The Chargers have officially announced they're moving to LA for the 2017 season. Feel a bit sorry for their long-time SD fans. Funny how LA got 2 teams within a year after not having an NFL team for nearly 20 years.
http://www.chargers.com/news/2017/01/12 ... os-angeles

This is their new temporary logo for their move to LA.

Edit: Multi-tasking error by me so mods, could you move this to the Other Guys forum, which was where I was trying to post it?
Last edited by greenyellow on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Chargers moving to LA

Post by Phenom »

Wrong forum.

But I don't mind it too much as a Chargers fan (not from SD). I mean, we were outnumbered even in "home" game. I don't think LA is ideal either. Terrible logo. Clearly pandering.
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

What an awful logo... It looks like a mix between the LA Dodgers and kinda like the Nike swoosh. It also looks like the Tampa Bay Lightning logo.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

This belongs in The Other Guys, War Room is recruiting only.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

TualatinDuck wrote:This belongs in The Other Guys, War Room is recruiting only.
I know. Had multiple tabs and windows open and didn't noticed until after I posted that it was in the wrong one.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Two teams in LA is probably not a good idea especially when both teams are struggling. I predict some of the same old issues last time there were teams in LA. Low attendance and a fan base who doesn't really care.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

My uncle is a big SD fan, and so it'll be weird visiting SD now without the football team there. Oh well.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Anyone on this board from LA? What is the feeling with the Chargers coming? From what I have read the majority of residents/NFL fans dont really care
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

So not only has Spanos ripped the team away he's copying the Padres' rival's logo. Nothing like poking San Diego fans in the eye on the way out of town. Hate!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

If they can't even draw fans in SD, I'm not sure why Spanos thinks they're going to automatically draw fans in LA. This is all about a supposed payday he'll get by moving to LA. Almost get the feeling he's moving them to LA to get a bump is franchise value so he can sell them for a profit.
GoDucksGo2000
One Star Recruit

Post by GoDucksGo2000 »

What's shocking to me is that for 2 years there will be a NFL stadium that only holds 30,000.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GoDucksGo2000 wrote:What's shocking to me is that for 2 years there will be a NFL stadium that only holds 30,000.
I find that nuts and just idiotic. It's like they're a minor league team with that kind of attendance.
dwysywd
One Star Recruit

Post by dwysywd »

Born and raised in SD and a fan for 45 years. Though we've been in Oregon for many years, still rooted for them all the way, even against Seattle. It's been a great rival no matter what LA team we were playing. This is a sad day for all SD fans. I don't think I can follow them to LA since we've been rivals for such a long time. And what's up with that logo? LA dodgers anyone? Guess I'll be following Seattle now
"Let your dreams be bigger than your fears and your actions be louder than your words" - Willie Taggart
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

GoDucksGo2000 wrote:What's shocking to me is that for 2 years there will be a NFL stadium that only holds 30,000.
Agreed, that is just insane. Your first impression on a new market (not just any market, one that is extremely saturated and full fans that are traditionally very fickle) is gonna be in a 30K MLS stadium. Yeah good luck with that Spanos...
chipkellysballs
Two Star Recruit

Post by chipkellysballs »

Reports are saying that won't be their new logo, was just for the initial marketing. Could just be that they changed their mind after hearing the negative response though. Not a Chargers fan but this Spanos guy sounds terrible, moving the team away just because he's too greedy to use his own money for a stadium instead of public taxpayer money all for a potential profit.