Chargers moving to LA

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Re: Chargers moving to LA

Post by Oregon Ownage »

GoDucksGo2000 wrote:What's shocking to me is that for 2 years there will be a NFL stadium that only holds 30,000.
I actually think its a brilliant move. Did you see all the empty seats in the coliseum? If you dont think you will draw well for a couple of seasons while you hope to grow and cultivate a new fan base, playing in a smaller and more intimate stadium will help mask a low draw.
nogerO
Senior

Like father, like son

Post by nogerO »

chipkellysballs wrote:Reports are saying that won't be their new logo, was just for the initial marketing. Could just be that they changed their mind after hearing the negative response though. Not a Chargers fan but this Spanos guy sounds terrible, moving the team away just because he's too greedy to use his own money for a stadium instead of public taxpayer money all for a potential profit.

I was working in the Phoenix area in the late 80's and his father Alex was building huge apartment complexes there as fast as they could put them up. He employed literally thousands of illegals. Anything for a buck...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine