Sark Leaving Bama

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Sark Leaving Bama

Post by Phenom »

Phalanx wrote:The ridiculous Helf narrative continues. The truth is, the country better hope Saban doesn't hire him. Helf's offense combined with that defense and those recruits? Yikes.
Eh. Helf is as overrated of an offensive playcaller as there has been. I mean, when did he really call plays?
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

jerryblank wrote:Chip will take the job only if he is allowed to completely overhaul the roster.
Why would Chip want to overhaul the roster if its filled with 5* and high 4*s?
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Phalanx wrote:The ridiculous Helf narrative continues. The truth is, the country better hope Saban doesn't hire him. Helf's offense combined with that defense and those recruits? Yikes.

I was one of the people who were calling for relieving Helf of his job early on. However it's time to quit bashing him. It's obvious he wasn't head coach material, but people these days just seem to want to vilify everything and everybody with impunity. Let's give the guy a break.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

scoducks wrote:
jerryblank wrote:Chip will take the job only if he is allowed to completely overhaul the roster.
I think it was just a really bad joke referring to Chip's Philly days.
jerryblank
One Star Recruit

Post by jerryblank »

Duck24 wrote:
scoducks wrote:
I think it was just a really bad joke referring to Chip's Philly days.

It was a decent joke, at least better than really bad. I think this job would be a tough one because Bama can go nowhere but down. If they were to struggle, he would take the blame.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Not bashing anyone... Who wouldn't do well at Bama, at least temporarily?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

nogerO wrote:

I was one of the people who were calling for relieving Helf of his job early on. However it's time to quit bashing him. It's obvious he wasn't head coach material, but people these days just seem to want to vilify everything and everybody with impunity. Let's give the guy a break.

I agree, I am glad he was fired because he clearly wasn't the right fit for what Oregon wants to accomplish as a program but he is a good guy, no need to continue to bash on him, new coaches, new program, moving on.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Why? Assuming you are talking just offense and not a complete overall, I can see wanting lighter more athletic lineman but the rest of the components are there
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Bud Lee wrote:
Why? Assuming you are talking just offense and not a complete overall, I can see wanting lighter more athletic lineman but the rest of the components are there
I think that was sarcasm Bud. That's what Chip wanted to take the job in Philly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

duckduckgoose wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:
I think that was sarcasm Bud. That's what Chip wanted to take the job in Philly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see that now :lol: