Under Armour downgraded to junk status

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Under Armour downgraded to junk status

Post by buckmarkduck »

http://www.barrons.com/articles/BL-INCOMB-10772

Maybe UA isn't doing as well as they like to portray as the go after uncle Phil and Nike?
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Re: Under Armour downgraded to junk status

Post by srsmiley007 »

buckmarkduck wrote:http://www.barrons.com/articles/BL-INCOMB-10772

Maybe UA isn't doing as well as they like to portray as the go after uncle Phil and Nike?
Ouch....Guess that bodes well for future our pursestrings., a.k.a "Uncle Phil."
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

That's surprising. From the surface, they put on a pretty good show and I just assumed they were thriving.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Curry died out a little.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:http://www.barrons.com/articles/BL-INCOMB-10772

When you wildly miss your earnings forecast and lower expectations going forward The Street is going to get its revenge.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Brady being an UA guy might revive them a little and The Rock's movie success and being a UA guy will continue to help them but I think the talk of coming for Nike was unfounded. I own stock in Nike, UA and Adidas and Adidas is actually doing better than UA and they are gaining market share and performing better than UA over the last year. In related news Uncle Phil was by far the largest money giver last year with his OHSU match and UO donations. Bill Gates and Paul Allen followed but were pretty far behind. Good to see though the Pacific Northwest philanthropy representing.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

gofightingducks wrote:Brady being an UA guy might revive them a little and The Rock's movie success and being a UA guy will continue to help them but I think the talk of coming for Nike was unfounded. I own stock in Nike, UA and Adidas and Adidas is actually doing better than UA and they are gaining market share and performing better than UA over the last year. In related news Uncle Phil was by far the largest money giver last year with his OHSU match and UO donations. Bill Gates and Paul Allen followed but were pretty far behind. Good to see though the Pacific Northwest philanthropy representing.
Adidas actually does well due to their soccer division and casual fashion lines so it's not surprising that their stock is performing better than UA.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

greenyellow wrote:
gofightingducks wrote:Brady being an UA guy might revive them a little and The Rock's movie success and being a UA guy will continue to help them but I think the talk of coming for Nike was unfounded. I own stock in Nike, UA and Adidas and Adidas is actually doing better than UA and they are gaining market share and performing better than UA over the last year. In related news Uncle Phil was by far the largest money giver last year with his OHSU match and UO donations. Bill Gates and Paul Allen followed but were pretty far behind. Good to see though the Pacific Northwest philanthropy representing.
Adidas actually does well due to their soccer division and casual fashion lines so it's not surprising that their stock is performing better than UA.
absolutely those lines carry the brand for the most part, but their basketball and more extensively their football lines have improved and gained market share as well in North America, global sales have always been strong but until last year had been declining in the U.S. Good to see Nike continue to grow though, means more money for uncle Phil which means more money for Oregon sports. :D