Rhule on Lubick...

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Rhule on Lubick...

Post by Groundswell »

So, as I've made apparent, I've been impressed by Rhule ever since his name came up in our search. I also thought he was great on the Natty Game's film room on ESPN2. I don't know why he went to Baylor. Makes no sense. But I still think he's potentially one of the next great coaches. In this interview, he has some very interesting things to say about Lubick leaving. Very interesting. I'm sure some Oregon folks won't like it, but I kinda did:

http://247sports.com/Article/Baylor247- ... e-51533470
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Rhule on Lubick...

Post by Phenom »

ifuwant2 wrote:So, as I've made apparent, I've been impressed by Rhule ever since his name came up in our search. I also thought he was great on the Natty Game's film room on ESPN2. I don't know why he went to Baylor. Makes no sense. But I still think he's potentially one of the next great coaches. In this interview, he has some very interesting things to say about Lubick leaving. Very interesting. I'm sure some Oregon folks won't like it, but I kinda did:

"And, you know, some people thrive in those situations by being around other people that are going to challenge them every day, and other people it’s just not for them. I think now we have an offensive staff that’s going to challenge each other and is going to be able to withstand me coming in and challenging them."

Shade. lol
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

Phenom wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:So, as I've made apparent, I've been impressed by Rhule ever since his name came up in our search. I also thought he was great on the Natty Game's film room on ESPN2. I don't know why he went to Baylor. Makes no sense. But I still think he's potentially one of the next great coaches. In this interview, he has some very interesting things to say about Lubick leaving. Very interesting. I'm sure some Oregon folks won't like it, but I kinda did:

"And, you know, some people thrive in those situations by being around other people that are going to challenge them every day, and other people it’s just not for them. I think now we have an offensive staff that’s going to challenge each other and is going to be able to withstand me coming in and challenging them."

Shade. lol
Did Rhule just call Lubick a Pu$$y? Wow. Ouch!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Didn't like him when we were looking for a HC, still don't like him and probably never will like him. He wouldn't have fit in at UO, and I doubt players would come from all over the country to play for the guy. And I'd bet money UO didn't offer him the job over WT.

That said, I have no problem with what he said about Lubick.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Yeah, Rhule rubs me the wrong way. No pun intended.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

I don't know if Rhule has the right personality to convince kids to come to Oregon, and I can totally get why Duck fans wouldn't want him at Oregon. But I like the cut of his jib--no pun intended. I'll be watching him with interest--no pun intended.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Phenom wrote:Yeah, Rhule rubs me the wrong way. No pun intended.
No worries, no pun found.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Was about to say maybe he left Baylor cause he didn't want to be on a campus with that type of image. But then realized he went to uw
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I'm contrarian, I think Rhule is a good coach.
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

duckfan96 wrote:Was about to say maybe he left Baylor cause he didn't want to be on a campus with that type of image. But then realized he went to uw
:lol: :lol: :lol:
fairweatherfowl
One Star Recruit

Post by fairweatherfowl »

Isn't this like loosing a recruit to another school? Paraphrase it--we didn't want him anyway. He didn't fit US.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

fairweatherfowl wrote:Isn't this like loosing a recruit to another school? Paraphrase it--we didn't want him anyway. He didn't fit US.
Yeah, I think a lot of folks beef out on Rhule because of the perception he turned down Oregon. Very few people were on the inside on that coaching search. Doesn't matter now. But I can still like the guy even if he turned down the Ducks. I'm having a harder time liking him for taking the Baylor job, period. But I guess if he can turn that into a success, he'll be the hottest prospect in coaching.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UofDuck wrote:I'm contrarian, I think Rhule is a good coach.
I'm not saying he can't coach, or he's not a good coach. He just doesn't have the personality to recruit the type of recruit UO needs.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

fairweatherfowl wrote:Isn't this like loosing a recruit to another school? Paraphrase it--we didn't want him anyway. He didn't fit US.
l

I didn't want him as the HC long before he claimed to turn down UO. I did want Snow though, but Levitt is a notch above him.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Eh, after last season I'd seen enough of Lubick as a coordinator. But he was a fantastic position coach, so it's clear he's got chops. I think Rhule is just saving face over the fact that Lubick ditched Baylor for what's currently a much better and less controversial job.

Also, Chris Peterson seems every bit the hard ass as Rhule.
Willie Taggart is a dick.