NBA DRAFT

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: NBA DRAFT

Post by UOducksTK1 »

oregontrack wrote:i'm not entirely sure why you emphasized what you did. being able to outrun other posts on the break and swatting shots is basically what he could do because he was an athlete, not a basketball player. that's my whole point. he was a big kid, i remember him backing down a lot of smaller posts and he quickly found out he couldn't do that in the pro's. he had no moves he could rely on. so he became a 3-pt shooter.

i'm not seeing the comparison to collins outside of being athletic enough at their size to competently run down the basketball court, and blocking shots.
Because those sounds a lot like Collins' notes. In fact, you could argue Leonard statistically and according to reports, he was considered just as good of a defensive player as Collins.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i do not believe you could argue that, no.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

My only two things about the draft,

A: all four ducks got picked up...two to golden state

B: wish they ran it like the NFL draft.....we have a trade, so and so is now on the clock
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

TK i like you so let me end with this: i believe you will be pleasantly surprised with collins. with regards to scouting reports I've noticed everything leonard supposedly did well collins is also credited with, and collins is noted as being far more advanced and excels at things like lateral quickness, something leonard just can't swing at this level. having actual skill will go a long way when the competition ramps up; leonard possessed none and wasn't able to learn it on the fly. big difference in what we drafted last night.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

oregontrack wrote:TK i like you so let me end with this: i believe you will be pleasantly surprised with collins. with regards to scouting reports I've noticed everything leonard supposedly did well collins is also credited with, and collins is noted as being far more advanced and excels at things like lateral quickness, something leonard just can't swing at this level. having actual skill will go a long way when the competition ramps up; leonard possessed none and wasn't able to learn it on the fly. big difference in what we drafted last night.
Thank you.

I agree on the bold part. And obviously Leonard didn't. :lol:

It's just hard for me to argue in favor of Collins when he's not very battle tested and there's a lot of assumptions made with little sample. And all I'm pointing out is Leonard seemed to fit the bill on paper and people had some high hopes for him. So I'm tentative to hope on the Collins bandwagon when I see his fouls per minute (especially in WCC), him riding the bench in college, and his limited experience starting.

I will give you this. Collins ceiling is certainly higher than Leonard. Time will tell! Makes it more fun to watch sports when you have opinions about how certain guys will develop.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13