NBA Summer League

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Phalanx
Senior

Re: NBA Summer League

Post by Phalanx »

Thurston wrote:Swanigan might end up leading the league in fouls per game, but he's definitely earned himself a rotation spot.
If Swanigan gets in the rotation, who does he bump to DNP status? Will Myers Leonard ever get into games? It's hard to see Vonleh, Collins, Swanigan, Davis, and Leonard all getting time - to say nothing of the times when Stotts has played Harkless and Aminu at the four vs. smaller lineups.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

thomas time wrote:I knew a 16 would beat a 1 seed, blazers knock off number one seed Toronto with former Arizona Wildcat Nick Johnson leading the way. Jake Layman and Swanigan also had nice games.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

Good question. I'll be surprised if Davis lasts till the trade deadline, he's relatively cheap (and expiring) and more than serviceable for a playoff team looking for a reliable but unspectacular big man off the bench. I bet Olshey trades him for a second rounder or something. I wouldn't be shocked if that happened before training camp. Similarly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Vonleh get a lot of run the first few months of the season in order to showcase him to other teams. There's almost no conceivable way Portland can re-sign him, but he's young and kinda/sorta improved as last year went on so maybe someone will dangle a draft pick for him.

I think we'll get a lot of Aminu and Vonleh at PF early, Swanigan will see a bit of time both at PF and C (second/third unit, I think he'd get destroyed initially by legitimate big men but he's wide and he looks like he can rebound with anyone).

Meyers will lead the league in DNP's, and Collins will be inserted sparingly because Stotts goes with his gut with young players and sometimes his gut forgets a player exists for two or three weeks. I'm a Collins fan and I think he was a good pick, but he absolutely needs to gain 10-15 pounds of muscle. I'm more excited for Year 2 Collins than I am rookie year Collins.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Ennis goes off for 35 points with 8 threes. He had a nasty crossover and drained a deep three
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Great to see! Boucher also signed a two way contract.

Didn't see much of Cook and Bell sat out. I think they saw enough Bell to know what they have.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I think Ennis may have a chance to land a spot on a NBA roster. He's got so many different skills that could useful.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Phenom wrote:Great to see! Boucher also signed a two way contract.

Didn't see much of Cook and Bell sat out. I think they saw enough Bell to know what they have.
Signed a contract with who?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

thomas time wrote:Ennis goes off for 35 points with 8 threes. He had a nasty crossover and drained a deep three
Unreal!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Boucher signed with G.S. too, him and Bell were sitting at the end of the bench next to each other and going crazy for Ennis.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Twas a great team. Gonna miss them: Remember when one of the critiques of Altman's teams was that there was no recognizable players since most of the best ones were 1-year transfers? Last year had so many likeable and good guys. Wish nothing but the best for all of them.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Brooks with a team high 16 points off the bench with 4 rebounds, 4 assists and one block in loss vs blazers. Swanigan had 15 points and 11 rebounds, blazers play in championship vs Lakers it looks (up 22 at half). Brooks 14 points, 2 rebounds and 4 steals in yesterday win.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Brooks signed a 3 year deal (2 years guaranteed) with the Grizzlies.
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

Phenom wrote:Brooks signed a 3 year deal (2 years guaranteed) with the Grizzlies.
The Volunteer State sure does love Duck talent (MM8 & Brooks)! Congrats D Brooks on earning your rookie contract.

Go Ducks!