Nebraska DC...

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Nebraska DC...

Post by woundedknees »

Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Nebraska DC...

Post by karlhungis »

I instantly disliked this guy. Everything from his body language to his condescending tone. Wow, what a victim. I really hope we embarrass him and I can't wait to see him "address the media" after our game. Sounds like he is going to prepare for the run and try to force us to pass. I don't think that is going to work out very well but we will see.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Diaco: I was told there would be punch and pie! Lol
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

What a bitch. :o He thought he wouldn't have to defend himself and be responsible for his defense $hitting the bed or having to do interviews after that kind of performance? Yeah, in what world does this guy live in? :lol:
Last edited by nogerO on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

So after he got his anger out that was a very informative interview. You seldom get a look that deeply into a coaches philosophy of game planning in an in season interview like that.

So against Ark State, they felt they were over-matched at the receiver vs db and so they used a "bend don't break" game plan that they executed fairly well. Ark State's offense scored only 25 points and without the dumb ass PF would have been under 20 despite all the underneath yardage that they intentionally conceded.

Against Oregon after evaluating Oregon's strengths and weaknesses versus their strengths and weaknesses they will design a game plan accordingly that may look quite different than what they used against Ark St. For instance Oregon has much smaller and inexperienced receivers that they may feel they can man up against instead of being in a cover 3 shell.

Their lack of pass rush against Ark State was a by product of choosing to play so much max coverage which they may use far less of this week.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

nogerO wrote:What a bitch. :o He thought he wouldn't have to be responsible for his defense $hitting the bed and having to do interviews? Yeah, in what world does this guy live in? :lol:
He is an ex-head coach, ex-assistant of the year who is getting paid 850K per year as DC. Maybe he thought not doing post game interviews was a job perk and part of his compensation package?
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:So after he got his anger out that was a very informative interview. You seldom get a look that deeply into a coaches philosophy of game planning in an in season interview like that.

So against Ark State, they felt they were over-matched at the receiver vs db and so they used a "bend don't break" game plan that they executed fairly well. Ark State's offense scored only 25 points and without the dumb ass PF would have been under 20 despite all the underneath yardage that they intentionally conceded.

Against Oregon after evaluating Oregon's strengths and weaknesses versus their strengths and weaknesses they will design a game plan accordingly that may look quite different than what they used against Ark St. For instance Oregon has much smaller and inexperienced receivers that they may feel they can man up against instead of being in a cover 3 shell.

Their lack of pass rush against Ark State was a by product of choosing to play so much max coverage which they may use far less of this week.
Good read. I doubt we see the same D from Nebraska. I believe they will stack the line hoping
to stop the run game. Hopefully Justin comes out smoking throwing the ball. Also Oregon didnt show a lot
against So Utah. Did use the fly sweep but were basically vanilla. I would think there will be some new wrinkles.
I think we will see more mis-direction Saturday getting the speed guys to the edge. But if our o-line plays
physical like they can we should be able to also run inside. Jacob Breeland could have a monster game.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

GrandpaDuck wrote:So after he got his anger out that was a very informative interview. You seldom get a look that deeply into a coaches philosophy of game planning in an in season interview like that.

Reading between the lines in his interview, I think they played bend but don't break due to the opponent but I don't think they are ready for anything more aggressive yet. He mentioned a few times how young they are and it is clear that he doesn't want to ask too much of them.
He also mentioned a few times about how they focused on keeping everything in front of them and limiting the big play. He touted their YPC and YAC stats to illustrate how his defense performed. I expect he will again, especially given the nature of Oregon's offense, try to limit the big play which means they will have to play soft coverage and give a lot of cushion. They may try to get cute with some blitz packages early but if we exploit them, I bet they go back to playing very soft. I don't think their defense is anywhere near ready to face the speed of our offense.

That being said, I don't know if our defense is ready for their offense either. They executed pretty well. Their QB is accurate and their RB is patient. Our defense will certainly be tested.
Ark State's offense scored only 25 points and without the dumb ass PF would have been under 20 despite all the underneath yardage that they intentionally conceded
They also got very lucky to get a tip and a pick on a pass that was a wide open TD for Ark St. They easily could have lost that game.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

If I can have my dream I would love for the Huskers to stack the box and Royce F. do to them what Ezekiel Elliott did to us in the championship game.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I say please stack the box, play single coverage on the outside and let Herbert have a field day.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Duck24 wrote:I say please stack the box, play single coverage on the outside and let Herbert have a field day.
This^
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Reminds me of Aliotti after giving up record passing numbers to Washington State. How about just say "we played poorly." If they do the same against Oregon, the Ducks are going to put up 60.

Taggart offense vs. Diaco Defense the last couple year:

2014: 17 points
2015: 28
2016: 42
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck24 wrote:I say please stack the box, play single coverage on the outside and let Herbert have a field day.
Pretty sure that was ASU plan last year, didn't turn out very good for them.