Nebraska getting shut out by Northern Illinois

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Nebraska getting shut out by Northern Illinois

Post by karlhungis »

duckduckgoose wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:Oh for craps sake! Nebraska might be looking for a new coach soon.
Maybe Riley can come back to the Beavis! Threes a charm right? And they probably are still paying him from his last foray...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I bet they would be happy to take him back.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

cordy02c wrote:Riley got a contract extension this week
Isn't it amazing how some people are just so lucky. Riley has NEVER been a tier 1 coach and yet he has made a sh!t ton of money doing it and fooled the people at Nebraska so bad he just got a big extension. :o :lol: :roll:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

nogerO wrote:
cordy02c wrote:Riley got a contract extension this week
Isn't it amazing how some people are just so lucky. Riley has NEVER been a tier 1 coach and yet he has made a sh!t ton of money doing it and fooled the people at Nebraska so bad he just got a big extension. :o :lol: :roll:
Golly gee we almost beat a 4-8 team this week!

You’re right Mike let’s extend your contract and give you a huge raise!

That’s swell!!

What were they thinking?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duckduckgoose wrote:What were they thinking?
Apparently they've bought into the notion that in recruiting, consistency at the HC position in his contract with the school is more important than the costs associated with the early termination portion of his contract when they do make the change.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Duck07 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:What were they thinking?
Apparently they've bought into the notion that in recruiting, consistency at the HC position in his contract with the school is more important than the costs associated with the early termination portion of his contract when they do make the change.

Personally I think the prudent thing to do in Riley's case as well as Helfrich's would be to wait until the contract is up before committing millions of dollars. You'd still have the coach in place for several years but also have the benefit of a small track record when it came time to fish or cut bait. :o
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine