Anderson Out @ OSU

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

justducky0
Senior

Andersen out at OSU

Post by justducky0 »

Seems like more to this story, he waived his contract and people are saying something went down behind the scenes.

Any ideas?

Chip to the Beavs rumor starts now haha
jBeavertonduck
Two Star Recruit

Andersen Out @ OSU

Post by jBeavertonduck »

Didn't see this happening so soon.......

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index ... iver_index
Duck24
Senior

Re: Andersen Out @ OSU

Post by Duck24 »

Something had to happen behind the scenes. Nobody leaves $12.7M on the table.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

OSU is a mess right now.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Been wondering when this was coming down but didn't think they'd have the guts to do it at the halfway point of the season.

Edit: Even more curious about him leaving the remainder of his contract behind. You don't see that often (if at all) so something is going on behind the scenes.

Edit #2: Based on the stuff in Canzano's latest article, it looks like Andersen has said he'd walk without compensation if he couldn't get things turned around and it appears he's a man of his words.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

UOducksTK1 wrote:OSU is a mess right now.
The beevers have been a mess forever... :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
SuperDuck
Senior

Re: Anderson Out @ OSU

Post by SuperDuck »

Unless something's going on behind the scenes that the public doesn't know about, I think Anderson will land on his feet again and do well somewhere else.

One guy I can think of who's looking for a head coaching gig that I know of is Mark Helfrich. You just never know.
John 3:36
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

greenyellow wrote: Edit #2: Based on the stuff in Canzano's latest article, it looks like Andersen has said he'd walk without compensation if he couldn't get things turned around and it appears he's a man of his words.
But was he really ready to walk away and give up? He had to know this was more than a 2 year effort.

This just seems weird.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
greenyellow wrote: Edit #2: Based on the stuff in Canzano's latest article, it looks like Andersen has said he'd walk without compensation if he couldn't get things turned around and it appears he's a man of his words.
But was he really ready to walk away and give up? He had to know this was more than a 2 year effort.

This just seems weird.
Based on what a few people close to program are saying, he was likely going to be fired soon so I think this is him saving face about not getting fired.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

greenyellow wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:

This just seems weird.
Based on what a few people close to program are saying, he was likely going to be fired soon so I think this is him saving face about not getting fired.

$12 million is a lot of face to save.

Heck, I'll go on national TV and announce that I hypnotized his assistant coaches compelling them to make bad calls and l threatened the players families if they played well to undermine Anderson's success at OSU just because I'm a crazy UO fan. There. Face saved and we can split the 12 mil.
D
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Naw, if he felt that way then the original language of the contract would have stipulated as much. I say something else is up or else he's getting a buy-out of some sort.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Duck07 wrote:Naw, if he felt that way then the original language of the contract would have stipulated as much. I say something else is up or else he's getting a buy-out of some sort.
Why would OSU buy him out? It isn't like they have a tradition of winning and they are totally screwing themselves if they think they can easily find a better coach willing to come to Corvallis after this fiasco. Seems like something fishy is going down or Anderson is just quitting on the team.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

karlhungis wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Naw, if he felt that way then the original language of the contract would have stipulated as much. I say something else is up or else he's getting a buy-out of some sort.
Why would OSU buy him out? It isn't like they have a tradition of winning and they are totally screwing themselves if they think they can easily find a better coach willing to come to Corvallis after this fiasco. Seems like something fishy is going down or Anderson is just quitting on the team.
Maybe he's been getting some "pretty clear signals" that the hottest OSU cheerleader is into him, but the school has strict rules about employee/student relationships. By resigning he can not only date her, but also his Saturdays are now wide open.

I could be totally wrong here, but maybe not. I just keep asking myself, what would make a reasonable man go bonkers and walk away from 12 million dollars?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

karlhungis wrote:Why would OSU buy him out? It isn't like they have a tradition of winning and they are totally screwing themselves if they think they can easily find a better coach willing to come to Corvallis after this fiasco. Seems like something fishy is going down or Anderson is just quitting on the team.
I can see some people in Corvallis getting Duck envy after how Taggart and Co have come in and especially lit it up in recruiting similar to how we (kilkenny) got Beaver envy after they won 2 CWS. It does seem more likely though that something else happened, like a drunk phone call or perhaps worse.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

karlhungis wrote:
College football is huge business these days--even for a program like OSU. I imagine that OSU Football funds a pretty significant portion of their entire athletic department and the stakes of having a good football team are such that I could totally see Oregon State doing whatever it takes to get Anderson out of town.