Rick Neuheisal to the Beavs?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Rick Neuheisal to the Beavs?

Post by Alan »

I heard a clownzono interview with Rick yesterday. Neuheisal sounded sincere saying he hopes to Hear from the Beavs about the coaching job... today Bellotti said Rick still has the fire. I think it would be a great hire for the Beavs, bad for the Ducks but great for the Beavs...Beavs are my second favorite team in the pac...sorry to Beavs haters, Just thinking, Rick made three or four comments about wanting to hear from the Beavs....
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Rick Neuheisal to the Beavs?

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think if they wanted Jin mcelwain they could get him. Rick was a good coach but hasn't been coaching for 6 almost 7 years now.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

lmao that would be a terrible hire.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Alan wrote:I heard a clownzono interview with Rick yesterday. Neuheisal sounded sincere saying he hopes to Hear from the Beavs about the coaching job... today Bellotti said Rick still has the fire. I think it would be a great hire for the Beavs, bad for the Ducks but great for the Beavs...Beavs are my second favorite team in the pac...sorry to Beavs haters, Just thinking, Rick made three or four comments about wanting to hear from the Beavs....

Yup hire Neuweisal and the beavs would be under ncaa investigation in
no time and even more of a dumpster fire then they are now.. so go for it
beavs.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Did he land UCLA on sanctions too? I honestly don't think the Beavers are going to do much better than the weasel.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Rick couldn't even win at UCLA with all the recruiting advantages they had so I doubt he'd win at OSU.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I'm sure Brenda Tracy would approve of how Neuheisel helped protect his players from their heinous actions.

I think it'd be a terrible move for reasons that have to do with football, add the other reasons and I don't want to see him employed by our state in any way.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I think if they wanted Jin mcelwain they could get him. Rick was a good coach but hasn't been coaching for 6 almost 7 years now.
what??? Beavs could get McIlwain???? What makes you think this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

lmduck wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:I think if they wanted Jin mcelwain they could get him. Rick was a good coach but hasn't been coaching for 6 almost 7 years now.
what??? Beavs could get McIlwain???? What makes you think this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He isn't going to be offered any of the other top jobs: Nebraska, Tennessee, UCLA etc and he spent the majority of his life and coaching in career in Montana and Washington. Coming back to the NW would likely appeal to him.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The beavs aren't getting anyone good. When the HC quits mid season and your best coach in history dumps you to go to Nebraska, you know it's a bad job.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

buckmarkduck wrote:The beavs aren't getting anyone good. When the HC quits mid season and your best coach in history dumps you to go to Nebraska, you know it's a bad job.
I agree 100%. Beavs last two coaches both walked away leaving big bucks on the table, that pretty much sums up job quaility in Corvallis. Pretty much leaves them with Rick begging to be let back in or Corey Hall......GA three years ago.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Here's a potential name for the Beavers.. Helfrich?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

You know a better question for OAC might be whether they should try and focus on being a basketball or a football school. They can put resources into one of those programs to try and see it excel unless they can get some outside donations to improve things. They don't have the kind of Athletic Department and history to do both.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i think osu will have a short list and they'll shoot for those; if they fail they'll widen the search a bit; if they still fail, they'll just give it to cory hall.

i feel they'll end up with someone uninspiring like beau baldwin. i can only imagine baldwin took the cal OC job because he wanted a P5 head coaching gig and he wouldn't be picky. obvious northwest ties, ran an FCS program that was probably superior to oregon state...
ImageImageImageImageImage
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

I think it would be kinda cool if OSEwwwww....would consider Coach Niumatalolo from Navy. He runs a unique offense that no one runs in the Pac-12...and it would cause headaches for ALL the D Coordinators in the conference.