Re: Tennessee Titans

Post by Merganzer »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Crucial 4th/3rd conversions, what a win for Marcus and the Titans!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Another week, another Mariota TD pass that dribbles through the breadbasket of a Titans receiver. THis has to be some kind of record; it feels like a conspiracy or something for how often it happens.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Phalanx wrote:Another week, another Mariota TD pass that dribbles through the breadbasket of a Titans receiver. THis has to be some kind of record; it feels like a conspiracy or something for how often it happens.
It sure seems that way. That was as easy a catch as there is in the NFL.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

After Will Fuller, the #2 WR for the Texans tore his ACL, they needed to get another one. They did. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2512 ... ton-texans

The Denver Broncos have traded star wide receiver Demaryius Thomas and a seventh-round pick to the Houston Texans for fourth- and seventh-round picks, a league source has confirmed to ESPN.

The Titans absolutely need a WR for Marcus to throw to, 2 hours, (1:00 PST) before the trade deadline.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

First, Happy Birthday, Marcus!

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2018/10 ... am-doesnt/

Titans fan base may doubt QB Marcus Mariota, but team doesn't

As the Titans continue to work out their offensive issues, many continue to search for a specific player to pin the blame on. Starting quarterback Marcus Mariota has become a popular target as of late.

The team’s Senior Editor, Jim Wyatt backs the signal-caller, and expressed his support for Mariota on Friday.

“I know I still believe in him, and… all the coaching changes have definitely impacted his development,” Wyatt wrote. “Ultimately, the decision will be made by guys above my pay grade.”

While fans have called Mariota’s abilities into question multiple times throughout the season, there have apparently been no comments made within the organization to indicate a change at starting quarterback.

“But I’ve heard nothing to make me think anyone has lost confidence that he will be the team’s franchise quarterback for years to come,” Wyatt elaborated. “To help his case moving forward, of course, he’s going to need to stay healthy and perform at a high level to close out this season.”

To be fair, Mariota’s also been failed by his receivers more often than most quarterbacks this year. The Titans have the second-highest percentage of drops in the league, right behind the Cleveland Browns.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Titans are up on the Pats 17-3, 2:30 left in the first.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Make that 17-10 Titans 13:00 left in 2nd
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Titans up 24-10 1:05 left in the half
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Total Domination on the Titans part. Patriots need their bye week in the worst way.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Titans 34-10. It was great seeing the Patriots run a QB receiver play with Brady stumbling around for a 4 yard gain, then the Titans run one, Marcus goes for 21.

Mariota: 16-24 228 yards, 2 TD's 0 Int. 21 rushing yards, 21 receiving yards.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Second good win in a row, Marcus and the Titans looked very good today! 5-4....... see where it leads! Also, yes I agree 07, pats need the bye week, the hoodie benched Brady with over 6 minutes in the fourth.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Glad to see Marcus’s receivers catch his passes! If the Titans didn’t have so many bad drops they’d probably be 7-2 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Glad to see Marcus’s receivers catch his passes! If the Titans didn’t have so many bad drops they’d probably be 7-2 right now.

The drops and the decision to go for 2 and the lead instead of kicking the extra point and tie against San Diego.