Beaver Baseball

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Beaver Baseball

Post by Alan »

I know is a Duck board and I do love my Ducks as much as some of you folks hate the Beavs, please don't jump down my throat. This is posted in the other guys thread just as there is a Mariner and a Blazer thread.

Beavers are playing in the CWS championship series against Arkansas starting Monday night at 4. As hot as the Beavs have been the last few games they may be the best baseball team I have ever seen. Great defense and the bats have been red hot, pitching gets a little shaky but a great bullpen. This team has three first round picks in the recent MLB draft, their second baseman being taken fourth overall, great baseball and exciting game. I love my Ducks but I don't hate the Beavers. Just an FYI
Last edited by Alan on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperDuck
Senior

Re: Beaver Baseball

Post by SuperDuck »

Alan wrote:I know is a Duck board and I do love my Ducks as much as some of you folks hate the Beavs, please don't jump down my throat. This is posted in the other guys thread just as there is a Mariner and a Blazer thread.

Beavers are playing in the CWS championship series against Arkansas starting Monday night at 7. As hot as the Beavs have been the last few games they may be the best baseball team I have ever seen. Great defense and the bats have been red hot, pitching gets a little shaky but a great bullpen. This team has three first round picks in the recent MLB draft, their second baseman being taken fourth overall, great baseball and exciting game. I love my Ducks but I don't hate the Beavers. Just an FYI

I feel the same way. As long as they're not playing the Ducks in any sport, I root for them.

They were lucky to get out of that game last night with a win. MSU loading the bases with 2 out in the 9th left the outcome in doubt for awhile. They were fortunate to move on. You've got to beat the best if you want to be the best, I suppose.

I hope they win it all.
John 3:36
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

SuperDuck wrote:
Alan wrote:I know is a Duck board and I do love my Ducks as much as some of you folks hate the Beavs, please don't jump down my throat. This is posted in the other guys thread just as there is a Mariner and a Blazer thread.

Beavers are playing in the CWS championship series against Arkansas starting Monday night at 7. As hot as the Beavs have been the last few games they may be the best baseball team I have ever seen. Great defense and the bats have been red hot, pitching gets a little shaky but a great bullpen. This team has three first round picks in the recent MLB draft, their second baseman being taken fourth overall, great baseball and exciting game. I love my Ducks but I don't hate the Beavers. Just an FYI

I feel the same way. As long as they're not playing the Ducks in any sport, I root for them.

They were lucky to get out of that game last night with a win. MSU loading the bases with 2 out in the 9th left the outcome in doubt for awhile. They were fortunate to move on. You've got to beat the best if you want to be the best, I suppose.

I hope they win it all.
Yes, I haven't gotten into a game like I did that one last since the Ducks football had me yelling at the TV, lol. But in the bottom of the 9th two out, MSU got two runners on base...with two outs! Then our pitcher hits the batter in the leg and loads them up! Winning run at the plate...... I may have yelled At the pitcher through the Tv, lol. I hated that banana rally thing anyway...lol. Good baseball
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

can't root for the beavs because they don't want us to.Calls it condescending. So I don't
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

I will go so far as not having actually rooted for UNC, UW, MS against the Beavers, and can't actually root for Arky either, so if the Beavs win it all, que sera, sera.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

the older i get the less into rivalries i am, especially in non-football sports, but there's something odd about specifically rooting for a school whose fans actively hate us. this casual attitude towards oregon state does not extend both ways.

oregon state has built a phenomenal baseball program, but pat casey is also a huge dick and this particular team has... elements to it which i find repulsive. i begrudge nobody for rooting the beavs on over the next 2-3 days but i won't be doing so.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

I don't know that I can root for the Beavers in most any sport, but I can't say I begrudge how they're doing in baseball right now (especially since they knocked out that other Pacific Northwest school we tend to really despise). As far as their fans who don't like us go, I think it's OK to be "bigger" than them by wishing them well in about the only program they have where they perform better than the Ducks. If fact, in a certain way I enjoy that it might irritate some of them that we don't mind rooting for them in a sport or two. I think they know, especially in the two college sports, football and basketball, that are by far the most popular among the U.S. populace, that it's unlikely we'll see the Beavers ever consistently challenge the Ducks in our lifetime.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I have to correct myself, which happens too often. 7pm is east coast time........ game starts at 4 pm pacific ESPN.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I don’t root for them, but I also don’t root against them.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I have 5 nieces and nephews who are OSU grads. That gives me a bandwagon pass for just these types of events.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

How many beavers does it take to build a flux capacitor?

Who gives a s***? Can't root for anything beevur nayshun.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Beavers trying to give this series away.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

TualatinDuck wrote:Beavers trying to give this series away.
Yes! Can't blame the umps, not sure about the interference call, but he didn't slide. Bit couple of errors by base runners tonight.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Well after that little league play on the foal ball by the third baseman and catcher it needs to be over. Next game
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Dumbasses can have it all and instead play like tballers.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher