Red Sox

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Red Sox

Post by nogerO »

Sox sweep second consecutive opponent with 7-4 win over the Royals. 14 hits, Porcello with the win to improve to 11-3. 2 games up on the Yankees, four in the win column. 5 games ahead of the Mariners in the league standings. 62 wins by July 8th. This team is smoking hot right now, 33 games over .500!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duckfan22
Senior

Re: Red Sox

Post by duckfan22 »

nogerO wrote:Sox sweep second consecutive opponent with 7-4 win over the Royals. 14 hits, Porcello with the win to improve to 11-3. 2 games up on the Yankees, four in the win column. 5 games ahead of the Mariners in the league standings. 62 wins by July 8th. This team is smoking hot right now, 33 games over .500!

Go red Sox
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

yep go RED SOX!! 7 run ninth on Saturday and of course JBJ goes 0-6, good thing his d is AMAZING!!!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Didn't know we had so many people from Mass here
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Go Yankees ;)

*ducks for cover*
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Duck07 wrote:Didn't know we had so many people from Mass here
Back in the Day i was a big Carl Yastrzemski fan and really liked the bosox. I also
liked Bob Gibson and became a Cardinal fan.. Cards are my fav team followed by the bosox.
All this and ive lived in Oregon all my 61 years. And my hate for the huskies will not let
me root for any team in Washington.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I didn’t know you had to be from Massachusetts to be a Red Sox fan? Are you from Seattle? I'm a Packers fan as well. I will never ever root for any team from Seattle.
Last edited by nogerO on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

nogerO wrote:I will never ever root for any team from Seattle.
Precisely why I am not Seahawks nor a Mariners fan.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Sox win 5-0 over the Rangers. JD hits a three run homer to seal the deal. Bonus. Skankees lose first game of a doubleheader to the [gulp] Orioles. :lol:
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I became a fan in 04, my friend watched them in 03 and I watched some of their games with him. Then in the offseason A Rod was going there so I was excited since I watched him with the M's. Boy am I glad that cheater didn't come there, and went to the spankees, and see Boston make history that same year coming back from down 0-3 on the spankees.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

nogerO wrote:
I didn’t know you had to be from Massachusetts to be a Red Sox fan? Packers fan as well. I will never ever root for any team from Seattle.
i'm almost afraid to ask your favorite nba team, but morbid curiosity demands that i must.
ImageImageImageImageImage
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Hector Velazquez 6-0 goes for the Sox tonight. Boston looking for their 8th straight win. J.D. Martinez 28 HR, .331 BA and 77 RBI's. Mookie batting .344.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denny_Doyle

Doyle's major league career is perhaps best known for his role in the famous Game Six of the 1975 World Series versus the Cincinnati Reds, which featured Carlton Fisk's dramatic twelfth-inning home run that has become one of baseball's most iconic highlights. Doyle was involved in a ninth-inning play that baseball fans still discuss. The score was tied 6-6 and the bases were loaded with no outs and Doyle on third base when Fred Lynn lifted a fly ball to short left field. After Reds left fielder George Foster made the catch, Doyle tagged up and attempted to score the winning run. He was thrown out at home plate, which inadvertently helped set the stage for Fisk's subsequent game-winning home run. After the game, Red Sox third-base coach Don Zimmer told the press, "I was yelling 'no, no, no' and with the crowd noise, he (Doyle) thought I was saying 'go, go, go.'"[1] In a World Series that included five future Hall of Fame players, Doyle was the only player on either team to hit safely in all seven games.

And to tie it all together, I remember watching Denny, along with Larry Bowa, Mike Schmdt, Greg Luzinski play for the Eugene Emeralds, 69-70, against Steve Garvey, Davey Lopes, Ron Cey, Bill Russell of Spokane in the PCL.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Merganzer wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denny_Doyle

Doyle's major league career is perhaps best known for his role in the famous Game Six of the 1975 World Series versus the Cincinnati Reds, which featured Carlton Fisk's dramatic twelfth-inning home run that has become one of baseball's most iconic highlights. Doyle was involved in a ninth-inning play that baseball fans still discuss. The score was tied 6-6 and the bases were loaded with no outs and Doyle on third base when Fred Lynn lifted a fly ball to short left field. After Reds left fielder George Foster made the catch, Doyle tagged up and attempted to score the winning run. He was thrown out at home plate, which inadvertently helped set the stage for Fisk's subsequent game-winning home run. After the game, Red Sox third-base coach Don Zimmer told the press, "I was yelling 'no, no, no' and with the crowd noise, he (Doyle) thought I was saying 'go, go, go.'"[1] In a World Series that included five future Hall of Fame players, Doyle was the only player on either team to hit safely in all seven games.

And to tie it all together, I remember watching Denny, along with Larry Bowa, Mike Schmdt, Greg Luzinski play for the Eugene Emeralds, 69-70, against Steve Garvey, Davey Lopes, Ron Cey, Bill Russell of Spokane in the PCL.
Spent many a night in the cozy confines of civic stadium. One of the iconic homeruns hit there was
Luzinski's shot over the amazon bridge. Usually a load cheer would come from the stands but
all people could do was stare at what they just saw. those were the days
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

duckfan22 wrote:
Merganzer wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denny_Doyle

Spent many a night in the cozy confines of civic stadium. One of the iconic homeruns hit there was
Luzinski's shot over the amazon bridge. Usually a load cheer would come from the stands but
all people could do was stare at what they just saw. those were the days
How 'bout that. We were there at the same time.