Urban Meyer

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Urban Meyer

Post by Duckattack7 »

Just read this article and not sure what to think. We all know he probably won’t get fired but pretty crazy if true.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 880995002/
Return Of the Quack!
Merganzer
Senior

Re: Urban Meyer

Post by Merganzer »

For now, there is only this report, but its similarity to Art Briles & Baylor is disturbing.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

There is a lot of conjecture and he said/she said. Because of that, and frankly because of his W/L record I think he will be suspended but ultimately stay.

Having urban as your coach is the same thing as rooting for Barry Bonds. He is a jerk and very closely walks the line of cheating and likely does cheat but he's really good so you put up with it....until you just don't anymore.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Nine incidents over 6 years is damning. Hard to believe Meyer didn't even hear a rumor, especially when Courtney Smith was talking to Urban's wife Shelly out the abuse. People on staff had to know. Now being reported Urban and the AD are meeting.

Nine reports obtained from Powell police involving Zach Smith and/or Courtney Smith between the dates of January 1, 2012 and July 26, 2018 involve domestic disputes between the Smiths, who divorced in 2016. That includes an alleged incident of domestic abuse on Oct. 25, 2015.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/08/r ... omest.html
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Urban is the biggest snake in college football, he acts like a good guy on camera but anyone who pays attention sees that he’s a dirtbag that only cares about winning, no matter the costs. He suspends players for half of an easy game for gouging the eyes of opponents, faked a sickness to get out of Florida and to Ohio State, promotes dirty play at both schools, and as we’ve seen here, has no morals if it gets in the way of winning. He should have no place in college football but unfortunately knowing the lack of integrity Ohio State and Urban Meyer have, no doubt he won’t get fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... tive-leave

Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer was placed on paid administrative leave Wednesday as the school announced it is investigating Courtney Smith's claims that several people close to the coach knew of a 2015 allegation of domestic violence against her ex-husband, former Ohio State assistant football coach Zach Smith, who was fired in July.

Offensive coordinator Ryan Day will be the team's acting head coach during the investigation.

"We are focused on supporting our players and on getting to the truth as expeditiously as possible," the school said in a statement.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Merganzer wrote:http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... tive-leave

Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer was placed on paid administrative leave Wednesday as the school announced it is investigating Courtney Smith's claims that several people close to the coach knew of a 2015 allegation of domestic violence against her ex-husband, former Ohio State assistant football coach Zach Smith, who was fired in July.

Offensive coordinator Ryan Day will be the team's acting head coach during the investigation.

"We are focused on supporting our players and on getting to the truth as expeditiously as possible," the school said in a statement.

Good! Ohio St. is acting quick. While I doubt they will fire Urb it will interning if the administration has any teeth or if this is all show.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

Meyer's agent is probably getting calls already.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I wonder how many of Jimmy Sexton's clients have always dreamed of coaching at Ohio State?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

If urb goes they should poach Taggart.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

It would be his dream job
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

In fairness, Urban isn't known to be the greatest of human beings.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

duckfan96 wrote:It would be his dream job
That’s funny right there.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

If, and I do mean if, this is all true. Meyer needs to be fired. NCAA lifetime ban, I can not express how strongly I feel about domestic abuse. It's personal for me, but the process must play out. Innocent until proven guilty.

Cudos to The Ohio State for putting him on leave. Now will they do an actual investigation or a cover up.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

If, and I do mean if, this is all true. Meyer needs to be fired. NCAA lifetime ban, I can not express how strongly I feel about domestic abuse. It's personal for me, but the process must play out. Innocent until proven guilty.
Word.

I don't believe Meyer for a second. I'm not that gullible. There is no way the head of that organization doesn't know what his assistants are doing, especially if his own wife knew. Sorry, not buying it -- especially since this wasn't a one-time thing, but habitual abuse that went on for years.

EDIT: Bye, Felicia.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBrettMcMurp ... 7522486968
Willie Taggart is a dick.