#20 VA. Tech @ # 19 FSU (5:00 PST, ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Re: #20 VA. Tech @ # 19 FSU (5:00 PST, ESPN)

Post by FlDuckFan »

bigbenp wrote:Do you think he will make it 3 years?
FlDuckFan wrote: Willie has 3 years at his dream job before he gets let go to work at his other dream job.
Yes, first year any loss is a write off saying he didn't have his player etc. or any other excuse. Year 2 they judge him hard , and he's on hot seat. Year 3 he doesn't beat Florida , Clemson, etc. he's gone.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Can we go on FSU's board and thank them??
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Even Rich Brooks getting in on the WT pile-on:
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Big home opening conference game loss for Willie. Great to see.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

Am I wrong for thinking Willie has more overall talent at FSU this year than he did at Oregon last year?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

FlDuckFan wrote:Am I wrong for thinking Willie has more overall talent at FSU this year than he did at Oregon last year?
Going against a team like VT in your opener is never easy, especially coming off a poor season and going through a coaching change.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

FlDuckFan wrote:Am I wrong for thinking Willie has more overall talent at FSU this year than he did at Oregon last year?
You're not wrong, but he has dollar store assistants instead of Cristobal, Leavitt and Co.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

wepto wrote:
You're not wrong, but he has dollar store assistants instead of Cristobal, Leavitt and Co.
For whatever reason, he had the good sense to hire some good ones at Oregon but seriously dropped the ball at FSU. When comparing the coaches on both staffs, I'm not sure any of FSU's are better than Oregon's.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Glad the hokies got away with that one. The score is very deceiving as to how the game actually went down. The Hokies really had 1 touchdown on the first drive and didn't score again until the game was pretty much decided in the 4th quarter. The Hokies defense had me plenty concerned as they weren't well prepared for tempo - they better be prepared next time. At least FSU had the excuse of being pinned deep in their end zone the entire game - the Hokies offense was a train wreck for most of the game.

but anyways, welcome to the vaunted lethal simplicity offense :shock:
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

greenyellow wrote:
wepto wrote:
For whatever reason, he had the good sense to hire some good ones at Oregon but seriously dropped the ball at FSU. When comparing the coaches on both staffs, I'm not sure any of FSU's are better than Oregon's.
That's one thing he will never appreciate about Oregon until it's too late - Oregon donors were more supportive of Taggart and were willing to shell out the money to get quality assistants. Oh well, it's all about the dream job right?
Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

VT 24 Taggart FSU 3

Post by Bighonkingduck »

How sweet was that!
GrantDuck
Senior

Slick the Snake without Herbert

Post by GrantDuck »

Woof. :lol:
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

No intermediate passing game, nothing but screens and stuffed runs. His playcalling is very predictable and this is what you get .
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Next week: Samford @ FSU. The Bulldogs beat Shorter, 66-9, and are #10 in the latest FCS Poll.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

Merganzer wrote:Next week: Samford @ FSU. The Bulldogs beat Shorter, 66-9, and are #10 in the latest FCS Poll.
FSU will win. Willie will win a game when he has better talent and the opposing coach isn't great enough to cover the difference. Willie will never win a game because he out coached an opponent. Hence why he'll never beat Clemson, or Florida.