#20 VA. Tech @ # 19 FSU (5:00 PST, ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: #20 VA. Tech @ # 19 FSU (5:00 PST, ESPN)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I just glanced at the FSU forum, those fans are talking about how Willie isn’t used to this level of talent and has never gone up against such a tough opponent. They talk as if the PAC-12 is the Sun Belt. Apparently they don’t remember the 2015 Rose Bowl. That fan base looks to be one of a kind.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Start on the last page of the VT thread on this FSU message board. It's worth the chuckle! :lol:

https://floridastate.forums.rivals.com/ ... 79/page-11
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Well looking at week 1 for Chip Kelly and Willie Taggart, it appears that ditching Oregon is a bad idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Alan wrote:Start on the last page of the VT thread on this FSU message board. It's worth the chuckle! :lol:

Lol well that didn’t take long for them to turn on him!

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Alan wrote:Start on the last page of the VT thread on this FSU message board. It's worth the chuckle! :lol:

According to their SB site, they turned on him by halftime. They got their guy - he can recruit but he's not an offensive tactician and if they didn't already know, they do now.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:

According to their SB site, they turned on him by halftime. They got their guy - he can recruit but he's not an offensive tactician and if they didn't already know, they do now.
Geez, by halftime?! And I thought I turn fast.

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I watched the game on ESPN Coaches Talk. (My favorite way to watch a game.) The coaches for the National Championship are usually a collection of some of the most successful coaches in the country, whereas in season games it is the cast of the unemployed Mack, Mora, Graham, Freeze, Chezik.

Mack was the Alpha of the group followed by Graham. It is fun watching coaches trying to filter their criticism of other coaches, while dyeing to yell at them like they would at one of their players.

The FSU board I was following the game thread on started the revolt on the second drive of the first quarter and was in full flaming torch mode by halftime. Swag dancing, music at practice or "Do Something" were in most rants. Also they stole a couple of mine, "you hire a guy whose been a head coach for 10 years with a losing record and you thought that was a good idea", "Gee maybe hiring game coaches instead of recruiters would be helpful on game days."
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:

Geez, by halftime?! And I thought I turn fast.

Those 11 pages gave me enough joy to last a long time. The farther we get away from Little Willie, the more I think we are going to come out on the better side of things. The fact that you have his former players/recruits going after him says a lot IMO.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

I think Vegas has our game as a pickem this week vs Samford after that performance.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

If I were an FSU fan I'd be pretty concerned about the viability of Taggert's Gulf Coast offense without an absolute stud at QB. WT's record without Herbert or Flowers at QB can't be pretty.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

desertfan wrote:If I were an FSU fan I'd be pretty concerned about the viability of Taggert's Gulf Coast offense without an absolute stud at QB. WT's record without Herbert or Flowers at QB can't be pretty.
Francois is no joke. Frankly, he's above average for what FSU can realistically hope to put out there year-over-year.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Ernie Kent of football

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Merganzer wrote:
That's pretty damning.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Hahaha, finally read that FSU game thread, and wow! You could copy/paste those comments into one of last year's game threads here and I wouldn't even know the difference.

Hilarious! I feel a little bad for those FSU fans though because, unlike us, they're probably stuck with Willie for 2-3 years. :lol: Enjoy that bus ride!
Willie Taggart is a dick.