What the Hell Nike?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: What the Hell Nike?

Post by buckmarkduck »

It's funny all the anti Nike people are bringing back out the sweat shop talk, and saying Adidas and UA are passing up Nike do to Nike practices over seas. Hey guys, you know both are also made in the same asian countries as Nike, right?
Ducks Decoy
One Star Recruit

Post by Ducks Decoy »

gogreen55 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Duck24 wrote: As for Bud, whenever I think of Southern lawyers, I now think of Jeff Sessions. Sorry Bud.
:lol: Vinny Gambini, greatest lawyer ever.
Holy snikes, I just picked this up on dvd yesterday and by pure happenstance I stumble upon a reference to it today! This is a sign I have to watch it tonight. :lol:
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.
I love this quote. It's honest. And, sadly, this actually happens. And when some of the most prominent African Americans attempt to peacefully draw attention to it, white people go nuts and hyperfocus on "but the anthem!" and "but veterans!"

Seriously, I'm so glad to be a white male. Being anything else must be ****ing exhausting.
IDK man, I'm middle eastern and it's a little frustrating for me because I don't get the same perks African Americans do. When it came to applying for scholarships at Portland State, they said my skin was too white, my GPA was too high, and my parents were too educated for me to get any scholarship. Also when it came for applying for jobs, intel didn't hire me because I was too white and they were looking to hire more minorities.

I've also heard LeBron say how if you got declined an autograph from a black man, people will freak out. But if you got declined an autograph from a white man, you'd be fine with that. Personally, I don't see that. I think a very, very small perentage of people would act like that. I got declined a picture with Robin Lopez at S&S, and I wasn't stoked about it. Really don't stop to think, well, he's Cuban so I should be more frustrated than if it was Collins.

So from my experience, I feel like there is so much more support and focus for African Americans to thrive in society, and it's actually much more difficult for a middle eastern like me to thrive. Not to mention, people look at me a little differently especially when I have my beard grown out (and especially at places like airports). But frankly that doesn't bother me, since pretty much every airplane terrorist is middle eastern. If my people are committing crimes at a higher rate, then it makes sense people will be more nervous around me and airports should search my kind more. I don't be get mad at other people or TSA, I get mad at my middle eastern people for being idiots and evil. On that same note, obviously we aren't all the same. But the precautions and views from society IMO are completely justified. But I'm not going to go complain to everyone and say how people suppress me and judge me.

Anyway pez, walk around as a middle eastern man for a bit, and maybe you won't be so glad to be a white male. Just saying.
The internalized oppression is real.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Duck24 wrote:
nogerO wrote:
maxduck wrote:
nogerO wrote:
Duck24 wrote:Sigh. You know who is upset about this? 40+ year old white people who don’t purchase Nike clothing or if they do, won’t change their purchasing habits because of other allegiances. It’s not like you folks who are upset are going to either stop wearing or buying Oregon Ducks gear just because of this. You know who loves this move? Nike’s target consumer base and current/prospective brand ambassadors. The rest of us, like myself, are indifferent. Nike is a business and their goal is to make money. They think that in the long run, they’ll make money off of this, either directly or indirectly. In the short term, they’ll have to deal with this Fake...I mean Fox...news outrage and a few tweets from our Orange Blumpkin president but I’m going to go out on a limb and say they did their market research on this.

So please continue to bitch and moan about this. Burn those Nike shoes that you don’t wear, cut the swoosh off your socks that you already bought...that’ll show them.
Nike lost 3 Billion today. Seems a lot of people are "showing" them...
Nike closed today at $79.60, 15 cents under the August 17th close of $79.75. After hours trading went to $79.86. So far this is simple market fluctuation. Four months back it was trading in the mid $60's.
I'm not talking about on August 7 or four months ago. Nike lost 3.7 Billion dollarsTODAY!
I’m just going to assume you don’t understand market cap/valuations and how that impacts corporate financials because if you did, you wouldn’t be making a big deal out of a one day drop in stock price. If you’re going to report on Nike’s stock performance, you should also report on other similar sports apparel company stock price performance as well since a majority of those were down comparable percentages to Nike yesterday and they didn’t launch a Kaepernick marketing campaign this weekend.

I look forward to your continued analysis of Nike’s stock price as a result of this marketing campaign. Early results today have Nike up roughly 1/3 of what they lost yesterday. Or in your overly dramatic tone, Nike has made roughly $1 BILLION TODAY!!!!
Hey NogerO, how is that Nike stock doing a week later?
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... pernick-ad

According to this they completely bounced back and internet sales are up 31 percent. That backlash must hurt :roll: