What the Hell Nike?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck24
Senior

Re: What the Hell Nike?

Post by Duck24 »

TualatinDuck wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:I mean after reading this it makes me feel the same glad to be a white male, not as in proud, but as in feeling lucky.
huh...I always thought you were Hispanic

Does anyone else try to picture what other posters look like or is it just me?

I'm fairly certain you all see me as the crazy coach in water boy. :lol:
TK being middle eastern threw me, didnt know that. Not that it matters.

Bud I thought you were the water boy? :lol:

Pudge being hispanic is kinda funny as he has been accused of being Ernie Kents son since 2009!
Fellow middle easterner here as well.

As for Bud, whenever I think of Southern lawyers, I now think of Jeff Sessions. Sorry Bud.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Duck24 wrote:As for Bud, whenever I think of Southern lawyers, I now think of Jeff Sessions. Sorry Bud.
och! that hurts :lol: That dude is all Bama. They are a different class of southern.

I'm more of a libertarian that is also a liberal regarding social issues that happens to have some conservative tendencies type of southern lawyer.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Bud Lee wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:I mean after reading this it makes me feel the same glad to be a white male, not as in proud, but as in feeling lucky.
huh...I always thought you were Hispanic

Does anyone else try to picture what other posters look like or is it just me?

I'm fairly certain you all see me as the crazy coach in water boy. :lol:
I picture some of the more frequent posters.

I've always assumed Bud was a good ole boy.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Well, looks like Nike lose some big bucks from this school :roll:
On Wednesday, the College of the Ozarks, a small Christian school in Missouri, announced in a statement that they would no longer wear the brand because of differing ideologies

Nothing like some forced patriotism, kim jong un would be proud
“College of the Ozarks has stated its views regarding patriotism, the American flag and the national anthem,” the statement said. “In October 2017, the College revised its contracts for competition in all sports, adding a stipulation that all participating players and coaches show respect for the American flag and national anthem.”
Seriously doubt many more will follow their lead.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-f ... -campaign/
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

FlDuckFan wrote:I've always assumed Bud was a good ole boy.
Also, not too far off! I think I even have that shirt

What’s funny is that dude is my body type too, just needs to grow a beard
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Bud Lee wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:I've always assumed Bud was a good ole boy.
Also, not too far off! I think I even have that shirt

What’s funny is that dude is my body type too, just needs to grow a beard
What kind of beard are we talking: Duck Dynasty shag or close-cropped?
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

greenyellow wrote:What kind of beard are we talking: Duck Dynasty shag or close-cropped?

Summer time I keep trimmed but in the winter I grow it long, about 6 inches off the chin. I play Santa for some local churches so I start growing about right now and trim it back down after mardi gras. Nothing Duck Dynasty long though
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Duck24 wrote: As for Bud, whenever I think of Southern lawyers, I now think of Jeff Sessions. Sorry Bud.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Duck07 wrote:
Duck24 wrote: As for Bud, whenever I think of Southern lawyers, I now think of Jeff Sessions. Sorry Bud.
:lol: Vinny Gambini, greatest lawyer ever.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Couldn't even finish reading this thread with the strong and hateful opinions being displayed. Everything from calling Kaepernick a hypocrite to people basically saying "shut up and dribble." It's getting harder and harder to enjoy this site.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I politely disagree. I think our political leaning threads have had some great interactions. I'd say for the most part everyone here feels comfortable sharing their thoughts and opinions and we are able to interact in spite of any disagreement.

Pouting and getting mad at someone and wanting to cut off contact with a person(s) because you disagree has been and will be the greatest cause of unrest in our country.

We are a diverse group, and diversity is an assimilation of differences. Republican, democratic, black, white, religious, atheist etc none of us are going to agree about everything but taking your ball and going home doesn't help at all.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Couldn't even finish reading this thread with the strong and hateful opinions being displayed. Everything from calling Kaepernick a hypocrite to people basically saying "shut up and dribble." It's getting harder and harder to enjoy this site.

Yeah, people should just stick to talking about sports on this opinion-based forum, their opinions about other stuff makes it hard to enjoy the sports.

Oh, but Kaepernick should be able to make whatever statement he wants at a football game, and if people don't like what he says, they should just ignore him and stop trying to stifle his free speech.

Do I have that right?
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:

I politely disagree. I think our political leaning threads have had some great interactions. I'd say for the most part everyone here feels comfortable sharing their thoughts and opinions and we are able to interact in spite of any disagreement.

Pouting and getting mad at someone and wanting to cut off contact with a person(s) because you disagree has been and will be the greatest cause of unrest in our country.

We are a diverse group, and diversity is an assimilation of differences. Republican, democratic, black, white, religious, atheist etc none of us are going to agree about everything but taking your ball and going home doesn't help at all.
IMO, half the problem is that people don’t talk about this kind of stuff nearly enough. You learn a lot from people who think differently than you and it gives you perspective you might not otherwise have. It won’t necessarily change your mind but at least learn their side of the argument, no matter how stupid you may think it is.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

For a hot-button topic that could easily have gotten heated and devolved enough to need a bunch of moderating or potential closure, this thread has been nearly problem-free. I think most of us know how not to get too personal or hostile, even while receiving views counter to their own. If this had taken place elsewhere, I'm not sure this thread would have stayed so civil.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Maybe Nike knew what they were doing.

Via Fortune.com, Nike’s online sales grew 31 percent since Sunday. That’s nearly twice the growth (17 percent) from the same post-summer period of a year ago.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... cnews:text
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

I get not agreeing with everyone's opinion but I personally enjoy reading others opinions specifically those of who I may disagree with. I know I'm not always right so I like to learn others views so I can evolve my points of view.