What the Hell Nike?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

What the Hell Nike?

Post by nogerO »

Colon Capernick??? Real savvy business move. How about JJ Watt. All he did was raise $40million for hurricane Harvey relief. Pretty disappointed.
Last edited by nogerO on Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Re: What the Hell Nike?

Post by FlDuckFan »

Yeah bad business move
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

nogerO wrote:Colon Capernick??? Real savvy business move.
Colin, there fixed for you bud
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

If they think pandering to a bunch of 15-17 SJWs is going to win them fans, those at Nike are dumber than I thought.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

My wife worked at Nike for 6 years, they're fairly hypocritical when it comes to social/political issues IMO.
They forced all employees to wear LGBT shirts for a week but have said they want to refrain from any political or religious takes in any manner. Many emails and press releases have been sent to employees saying that even discussing issues is not allowed at all.

My wife also wasn't allowed to say she was a Christian in her online bio cause it might be offensive. They didn't allow a 2 year old to bring a stuffed animal that looked like it was praying to the Nike day care for show and tell cause that might also be offensive to the other kids in care.

It's all minor stuff and I don't want a political tangent, I just don't care for the hypocrisy is all.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
Woooosh!!! Did you forget this hater wore socks depicting our men and women in blue as pigs? Next time he’s in trouble he needs to call a crackhead and not the police.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Also it's not good when the former president of Iran is on your side. Perfect example of hypocrisy in that he banned Twitter for everyone in Iran but uses it himself daily:
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

nogerO wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
Woooosh!!! Did you forget this hater wore socks depicting our men and women in blue as pigs? Next time he’s in trouble he needs to call a crackhead and not the police.
He can hate on who ever and wear whatever he wants. My issue is that complained about social injustices and then refused to vote and help implement changes he demanded we take as a society he's no better than the problem. He had a giant platform and didn't use it to help solve a problem. I equate his actions to bringing awareness to cancer yet refusing to fund research.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

lukeyrid13 wrote:My wife worked at Nike for 6 years, they're fairly hypocritical when it comes to social/political issues IMO.
They forced all employees to wear LGBT shirts for a week but have said they want to refrain from any political or religious takes in any manner. Many emails and press releases have been sent to employees saying that even discussing issues is not allowed at all.

My wife also wasn't allowed to say she was a Christian in her online bio cause it might be offensive. They didn't allow a 2 year old to bring a stuffed animal that looked like it was praying to the Nike day care for show and tell cause that might also be offensive to the other kids in care.

It's all minor stuff and I don't want a political tangent, I just don't care for the hypocrisy is all.
Wow, I'm sorry to hear all of this. Thanks for posting.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

So according to TMZ, Nike renegotiated his deal and will be giving him a signature shoe and apparel line, with the proceeds going to his foundation. Such a stupid move on their part and one that I think eventually blows up in their faces.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/03/colin-kae ... ust-do-it/
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

greenyellow wrote:Also it's not good when the former president of Iran is on your side. Perfect example of hypocrisy in that he banned Twitter for everyone in Iran but uses it himself daily:

Maybe he meant to put one of the best backup QBs in the NFL?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

FlDuckFan wrote:
He can hate on who ever and wear whatever he wants. My issue is that complained about social injustices and then refused to vote and help implement changes he demanded we take as a society he's no better than the problem. He had a giant platform and didn't use it to help solve a problem. I equate his actions to bringing awareness to cancer yet refusing to fund research.
He donated $1 million to various charities. Even though I try, in my lifetime I won't have that kind of impact.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Amazing job by Nike; the most recent ad campaigns have been so powerful (see Serena Williams). Colin Kapernick is an outstanding role model who is standing up what he believes in (social justice). He not only talks the talk but walks the walk as well (https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/1/31/ ... on-dollars).
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

If CK walked the walk, he would have voted. This was self promotion which blew up in his face.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

StevensTechU wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:
He donated $1 million to various charities. Even though I try, in my lifetime I won't have that kind of impact.
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
He claims people aren't being held accountable for crimes they commit. Last time I checked we voted for judges and most states elect the attorney general. Donating money to charities is great but that doesn't put people in the positions to hold people accountable or fight for social justice. I just don't understand why he half committed to a cause, no follow through.