ESPN under fire for tweets by announcer

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

ESPN under fire for tweets by announcer

Post by greenyellow »

So it looks like ESPN is facing more allegations of bias as one of their announcers mocked UW for their loss to Auburn. But a couple people in the media are saying this went beyond playful banter: Wilner got a response from the Pac-12, who then brought it to the attention of ESPN. They now say Jones will not do any UW game this season.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: ESPN under fire for tweets by announcer

Post by karlhungis »

Media has been anti pac 12 for a long time. It's strange to me that this crossed some sort of a line.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Just to quote no one.... "Stupid is as stupid does". Another media member from a lesser network, can't remember who or where, was suspended today for dropping the F bomb on social media.... seems like it was a Michigan media guy describing Michigan's offense.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... edirect=on

Braylon Edwards did not like what he saw from Michigan in its season-opening loss to Notre Dame on Saturday night, particularly the play of center Cesar Ruiz, quarterback Shea Patterson and the team’s offensive line. So the former Wolverines standout said something about it.

“Ruiz is weak, line is weak, shea is scared, [expletive] Michigan offense is so predictable….Michigan football is sadly one thing…….Trash,” he tweeted at 11:28 p.m., a message that eventually was deleted but not before being screengrabbed by observers.

He also tweeted and then deleted a shot at Coach Jim Harbaugh.

“Everybody had your back. I gotta laugh because I knew this would happen. Don’t feel bad, watch the truth,” it read.

Officials at the Big Ten Network, where Edwards works as a college football analyst, apparently saw the tweet before it was taken down. On Monday, they announced, per the Athletic’s Chris Vannini, that Edwards has been suspended indefinitely “due to a violation of the network’s social media guidelines.”