OSU Baseball HC Casey retiring

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

OSU Baseball HC Casey retiring

Post by greenyellow »

Rumors are swirling that Oregon State baseball HC Pat Casey will announce his retirement today. That'd be a big loss for the program and could easily throw the order of the conference into a state of flux should OSU not continue at the same level under a new coach.
duckfan22
Senior

Re: OSU Baseball HC Casey retiring

Post by duckfan22 »

greenyellow wrote:Rumors are swirling that Oregon State baseball HC Pat Casey will announce his retirement today. That'd be a big loss for the program and could easily throw the order of the conference into a state of flux should OSU not continue at the same level under a new coach.

ok heres what uncle phil does...let Horton go and offer Casey a train full of money
to come out of retirement... i know i know never happen.... that will hurt the beavs
thats for sure...
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

a fantastic, hall of fame level coach and a really, really terrible person.
ImageImageImageImageImage
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Sounds like OSU has called for a press conference at 1:30 PM so that looks to be when it's going down.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

oregontrack wrote:a fantastic, hall of fame level coach and a really, really terrible person.
I didn't know much of this until recently, but it does sound like he's a grade-A POS.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OSU Baseball's Twitter feed has confirmed it: Also looks like he'll still be working in a limited capacity for the athletic department:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Odd bit from their press release is that Casey's top assistant, Pat Bailey, will be the interim coach but they won't start a national search for a full-time replacement until after next season. Almost makes me think that this is either a short-term retirement for Casey to recharge his batteries or they're going to test-run Bailey as HC before deciding on whether to go outside the program.

https://osubeavers.com/news/2018/9/6/ba ... ement.aspx
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

greenyellow wrote:Odd bit from their press release is that Casey's top assistant, Pat Bailey, will be the interim coach but they won't start a national search for a full-time replacement until after next season. Almost makes me think that this is either a short-term retirement for Casey to recharge his batteries or they're going to test-run Bailey as HC before deciding on whether to go outside the program.

That is very odd.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

TualatinDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Odd bit from their press release is that Casey's top assistant, Pat Bailey, will be the interim coach but they won't start a national search for a full-time replacement until after next season. Almost makes me think that this is either a short-term retirement for Casey to recharge his batteries or they're going to test-run Bailey as HC before deciding on whether to go outside the program.

That is very odd.
From what Casey was saying at the presser today, it really sounds like he's just burnt out.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

StevensTechU wrote:
oregontrack wrote:a fantastic, hall of fame level coach and a really, really terrible person.
I didn't know much of this until recently, but it does sound like he's a grade-A POS.
What? Why?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Everythingsducky wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
What? Why?
X2...... what is the case, just rumors?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

TualatinDuck wrote:

That is very odd.

I just heard his full pressed for the first time today, it sure sounds like he I should leaving the door wide open for a return.