#15 Mich. St. @ ASU, 9/8/18, 7:45 p.m. PDT, ESPN

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Re: #15 Mich. St. @ ASU, 9/8/18, 7:45 p.m. PDT, ESPN

Post by woundedknees »

Maybe Herm watched film of Oregon's home OT loss to wazzu anf the Pirate from a couple seasons ago...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Duck07 wrote:Anyone think he should have kicked it on 3rd down in case of a bad snap or hold and then let the defense take the chance?
I don't think anyone that knows what they are talking about would say it is worth leaving the opposing team 40+ seconds on the clock, when they only need to respond with a field goal, just for the unlikely bad snap scenario. That isn't the real debate since there is no real debate about it. The real debate is whether the coach should instruct his team to try to score a touchdown when there is a couple minutes left on the clock (or conversely, whether the defense should purposefully allow the other team to score a touchdown, so they have time to respond). I have heard some coaches say they will always take a touchdown if the other team gives it to them. Personally, I think those coaches are wrong and Herm handled the situation exactly how it should be.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

You could also point to the 2013 civil war, where OSU could have stopped at the 1 and bled the clock but scored the TD which allowed Marcus enough time to drive down the field and connect with Huff at the end.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Most impressive win of the weekend IMO.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13