FSU @ Syracuse (9:00, ESPN}

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

TualatinDuck
Senior

Re: FSU @ Syracuse (9:00, ESPN}

Post by TualatinDuck »

I'm really starting to feel sorry for FSU fans. Bit so want to thank Wilcox for taking taggert off our hands.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Merganzer wrote:
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Merganzer wrote:
Merganzer wrote:

Wiiie should consider a new occupation as a car salesman. Football coach not so much.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I took more pleasure watching Willy lose this week than I did watching the ducks win. I'm not a good person.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Phalanx wrote:Oh man...another Syracuse touchdown. Hopefully, Willie is having a good day if he wants to.
Dying!!!!!
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I chuckle as a former FSU diehard. When Slick was leaving, the entire FSU fan base was ecstatic because he had never had as much talent as the FSU team has. Now that he’s there and struggling, it’s because Jimbo left the cupboard bare, this is their worst OL in FSU history and they just need to be patient until he gets his recruits in the system. It’s a good thing big time southern football schools are known for patience.

Reading the boards I used to frequent, I see a lot of what on here last year. We were all ecstatic with the coaching staff and their recruiting prowess because it had been beaten into us that you can’t recruit to Eugene. Personally, I allowed the recruiting results to skew my analysis of the coaching staff and justify the sloppiness, 10 penalties a game, mental miscues and lack of meaningful adjustment...I could continue but we all know what a Slick Willie game was like. FSU is in for a rude awakening if they think a recruiting class is going to fix Willie and his “lethal simplicity” offense. I, for one, am going to enjoy the show.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

So what team is a bigger dumpster fire, FSU or Arky?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Bud Lee wrote:So what team is a bigger dumpster fire, FSU or Arky?

I can't keep my eyes off the train wreck at FSU....... Arky has problems? Lol
Last edited by Alan on Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

When does Arky not have problems? Did y'all catch that punt return?

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Bud Lee wrote:When does Arky not have problems? Did y'all catch that punt return?

Instant Classic!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Bud Lee wrote:So what team is a bigger dumpster fire, FSU or Arky?
Arkansas was a tire fire before they canned Bert and hired Chad Morris. On top of that, Morris has to turn that entire roster over, moving from the power run game they were previously running to his more wide open, pass happy offense.

FSU is two years removed from being a top 10 team and were a Francois game 1 injury away from being a potential top team last year. FSU by a mile.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

FSU also has multiple 5 star players at: RB, D-Line, LB and in the secondary. Even if they have a weak offensive line, they have ridiculous talent and athletes across the board.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:I think we can now put the short Willie Taggart chapter in Oregon football to bed. We were bummed when he left because of recruiting, but the recruiting seems to be doing as good or better since he left, and obviously we don't miss his coaching, including all the penalties. So glad he got his dream job, good for him. It remains to be seen what Cristobal will do, but I think we can feel good that we weren't missing out on anything with Taggart. Onward and upward.
100% agree. Yes, it sucks that we lost like 5-6 four star guys(Lamar, lenzy, Thompson, ezeike, the tall corner, mckitty etc.) But we are so much better off in the long run.
Seriously. I think Willie even looked half decent here because he brought an all-star coaching cast with him. With a less talented assistant coach group, we are seeing what a lot suspected. Although, I honestly didn't think thought WT would be doing this bad.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

OUCH!

2. Willie Taggart, Florida State
Relax …. he's going to be fine. He's going to recruit well, and he'll get this turned around. However …

When fans have created a GoFundMe page created to buy out your contract three weeks into your run, things aren't going well.

Of course it's not fair, and of course he needs time to recruit, get his guys in place, and build up the program like he has to, but going 1-2 at Florida State is never going to be okay. Struggling against Samford is never going to be okay.

Getting blown out at Syracuse is never going to be okay.

So far, the Seminoles have scored ten points in two ACC games, and with road trips to Louisville, Miami, NC State and Notre Dame still to go, and with home games against Clemson, Boston College and Florida to deal with, too, this will almost certainly be the fourth losing seasons in Taggart's eight seasons as a head coach.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Bud Lee wrote:When does Arky not have problems? Did y'all catch that punt return?

Haha wow! Also that stat on Kansas with more wins than bunch of other big5 schools is crazy.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13