TualatinDuck
Senior

Re: Grumbling about Chip

Post by TualatinDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:
snapt wrote:I'd like to watch a UCLA/FSU game right now just for giggles.
That would be an interesting match up. I think FSU wins just out of pure luck and having a few more athletes.
I would take a Chip Kelly coached team over Slick any day. I think UCLA would win because they at least have a coach.
FSU had trouble scoring a point against two FBS teams and was lucky that Syracuse gave them one late in their game. At least UCLA scores a couple TDs on a pretty good Okie team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chip at FSU this year, would.equal a 3-0 FSU team. That team has a ridiculous amount of talent. Hell Jimbo would be 3-0.

Have to agree with this. I dont buy the cupboard is bare story everyone is selling, its just crap coaching.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Their OL cupboard is pretty bare.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:Their OL cupboard is pretty bare.
That's probably their biggest issue. Their top 5 classes were heavily built around 4/5* skill players with very few top-level OL recruits.
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

StevensTechU wrote:
Merganzer wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:Good lord, what possible good does this father think he is doing his son? Parents should definitely stay off social media. What a train wreck. :lol:
UCLA dads: LaVar Ball meet Michael Robinson.
And Snoop Lion!
You can't put Snoop in that category. He was nothing but positive about his son/UCLA while Cordell went to school there.

You might be thinking of a different rapper. If you said Diddy then that definitely applies since he or his people tried to fight one of the coaches :lol:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Man will Chip last?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phenom wrote:Their OL cupboard is pretty bare.
I won't deny that they've played badly up front, but this is not new to football the last couple of years where OL are totally outclassed by a DL. One of the reasons the spread took hold so firmly and allowed smaller players/schools to succeed with it was because of the QUICK passing game (wider OLine splits also used to be a part of it but that's gone away from what I can see). Last night Russell Wilson would not throw it out quickly to save his life because he and the coaches apparently just love the home run/big play. Yet when Seattle and other teams scheme around getting the ball out in under 3 seconds, defenses have to adjust to it and they tend to stop loading the box and bringing pressure and all of a sudden, bad OL look like they can actually play and you can still try shots down the field once the defense is over committing to the short game.

Running plays with a Read Option or showing it even if its not a true read (hello Chip) take up time that could be used throwing the ball out. An incomplete pass isn't the worst thing in the world. Constantly giving up pressure from holding onto the ball however can lead to that "our OL is the worst in Football" mentality because the coaches haven't done anything to help out.

Now even while the Futile State offense might actually look worse than Chips, little willie does have a Defense that looks like its easily the single best unit that either team has and would rank as good if they had a competent offense. So based on 3 games I'd have to lean towards the Futile State Defense winning the game through turnovers and field position.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Man will Chip last?
Chianti Dan is still the AD. Chip has to do 1 wine tour a year and he's good.
Fenway
One Star Recruit

Post by Fenway »

To me he doesn't look happy. Obviously a lot has transpired in the 6 years since he was with us, but he just looks beat up. If you're happy with your situation, why change?
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

This is the front cover of Yahoo sports:

"New coaches off to disastrous starts"

Let that sink in.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I think it just shows that the grass isn't always greener.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

They all have a relatively good excuse, although Willie's is the weakest to stand on.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Having 1 bad position group, especially when it's not QB, isn't an excuse to be as bad as FSU is. Almost every other ACC coach would happily trade rosters with Willie.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:This is the front cover of Yahoo sports:

"New coaches off to disastrous starts"

Let that sink in.
Ha.

To be fair, we haven't played anyone at all, so our coach could be right there too. We will know after about 10 days!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13