Portland Trail Blazers 2018/19

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Portland Trail Blazers 2018/19 Thread.

Post by Duck07 »

Neil finally gets Enes Kanter and does just enough to show that he made moves again and tried. Typical thespian.

Rodney Hood, Skal Labissiere and Enes Kanter

for

Nik Stauskas, Wade Baldwin and Caleb Swanigan.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Duck07 wrote:Neil finally gets Enes Kanter and does just enough to show that he made moves again and tried. Typical thespian.

Rodney Hood, Skal Labissiere and Enes Kanter

for

Nik Stauskas, Wade Baldwin and Caleb Swanigan.
You forgot the draft picks. That part changes everything.

I don't really get what the advantage is of 'waiving' a player if the team still has to pay him. Did the Knicks just really need the roster spot, and they had 15 guys better than Kanter and Wesley Matthews?

I kind of wonder if Hood and Kanter will even have time to get into a groove in Portland before the playoffs, but anything that makes the bench stronger is okay in my book. They probably promised them both significant playing time though, so that means Leonard and Collins are going to be sitting a lot.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The Knicks are trying to cut salary and tank. Plus, he didn't get along with the coach.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

We might have the best rebounding team in the NBA.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I like the pickup for nothing to lose, blazers beat G.S. in final game before all star break. It was a close game till Draymond I think got called for a flagarnt foul which was a bad call, and Steve Kerr got two T's and Draymond got 1 in the final minutes to open the game up. Blazers got eight points on that possession
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

that was fun. draymond has long been my least favorite player in the game, so beating gsw is always a treat. he's the only player i'm aware of that stares down an opponent's bench when someone else scores.

maybe now that we have kanter we can live out the full dream and sign hedo turkoglu, roy hibbert, and chandler parsons. we'll get you on the team yet, dang nabbit.
ImageImageImageImageImage
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

oregontrack wrote:that was fun. draymond has long been my least favorite player in the game, so beating gsw is always a treat. he's the only player i'm aware of that stares down an opponent's bench when someone else scores.

maybe now that we have kanter we can live out the full dream and sign hedo turkoglu, roy hibbert, and chandler parsons. we'll get you on the team yet, dang nabbit.
Hahaha
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Always nice to beat the Warriors. Our division holds 3 of the top 4 seeds right now in the West.

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

oregontrack wrote:that was fun. draymond has long been my least favorite player in the game, so beating gsw is always a treat. he's the only player i'm aware of that stares down an opponent's bench when someone else scores.

And of course, each of these signings brings us closer to the ultimate Blazer fan goal of trading for Chris Paul and Hakeem Olajuwon.

It was a really nice win last night. I wonder if Collins was a bit more motivated as he stares into the abyss and sees a future of riding the pine behind Kanter at the 5 and Layman at the 4.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Phalanx wrote:

And of course, each of these signings brings us closer to the ultimate Blazer fan goal of trading for Chris Paul and Hakeem Olajuwon.

It was a really nice win last night. I wonder if Collins was a bit more motivated as he stares into the abyss and sees a future of riding the pine behind Kanter at the 5 and Layman at the 4.
Based on the one game of evidence, sure looks like Leonard (who didn't enter the game) is much more likely the odd man out.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Well, since Kanter hasn't even joined the team yet, I'm not sure what evidence we are looking at. I agree that Leonard will also not be playing much, assuming everyone else is healthy.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

thomas time wrote:I like the pickup for nothing to lose, blazers beat G.S. in final game before all star break. It was a close game till Draymond I think got called for a flagarnt foul which was a bad call, and Steve Kerr got two T's and Draymond got 1 in the final minutes to open the game up. Blazers got eight points on that possession
When watching the play, I thought it was a very obvious flagrant foul call. Curious to why you thought it was a bad call. All the guys on ESPN agreed with you last night, but none said why they thought it was a bad call and I'm just trying to figure out what I'm missing. The intent seemed very evident, he takes one short step to build momentum, hand only comes half way up and he hammers him. Yes, he gets a lot of ball, but I feel a flagrant foul has much less to do with whether you got ball and more to do if it's a basketball/defensive play and it sure didn't seem so.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

You gotta also realize things were starting to get chippy.

If that was the only hard foul the whole game and there's no other physicality, I don't know if it would have been called.

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

pudgejeff wrote:
thomas time wrote:I like the pickup for nothing to lose, blazers beat G.S. in final game before all star break. It was a close game till Draymond I think got called for a flagarnt foul which was a bad call, and Steve Kerr got two T's and Draymond got 1 in the final minutes to open the game up. Blazers got eight points on that possession
When watching the play, I thought it was a very obvious flagrant foul call. Curious to why you thought it was a bad call. All the guys on ESPN agreed with you last night, but none said why they thought it was a bad call and I'm just trying to figure out what I'm missing. The intent seemed very evident, he takes one short step to build momentum, hand only comes half way up and he hammers him. Yes, he gets a lot of ball, but I feel a flagrant foul has much less to do with whether you got ball and more to do if it's a basketball/defensive play and it sure didn't seem so.
That SOB was talking trash to all our players and bench and pissing at the refs as well. When you have a jerk pissing at you all game, I'm sorry but the refs are human and that dirt bag was asking for it. His only interest was in hammering him to send a message. Like an enforcer in hockey. It was apparent to anyone who watched the whole game and paid attention to what Green was doing that the call was the right one. Golden State has been on the good side of getting all the "SuperStar" calls for too long and I'm for one am glad someone kinda sent them the message that they aren't going to get every call. Steve Kerr is a little bitch and always has been...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

nogerO wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
That SOB was talking trash to all our players and bench and pissing at the refs as well. When you have a jerk pissing at you all game, I'm sorry but the refs are human and that dirt bag was asking for it. His only interest was in hammering him to send a message. Like an enforcer in hockey. It was apparent to anyone who watched the whole game and paid attention to what Green was doing that the call was the right one. Golden State has been on the good side of getting all the "SuperStar" calls for too long and I'm for one am glad someone kinda sent them the message that they aren't going to get every call. Steve Kerr is a little bitch and always has been...
^^This is exactly how I saw it, the intent was very obvious.