First CFP Rankings Released

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

First CFP Rankings Released

Post by Greenblood »

No great surprises, I think. I'm sure Bud must be flying high with LSU at #3. Will be interesting to see what happens to the rankings if the Tigers lose a close one hosting #1 Alabama this week (yes I know, Bud: "perish the thought").

Speaking of ecstatic fans, WSU fans must pretty much be in orbit right now, ranked #8. If the Cougs were to win out (which would include the CCG), I think they'd have a decent shot at making it into the final four. Utah is the only other Pac-12 team in these rankings, at #15. They way the Utes are playing, they might well knock off WSU if the two teams met in the CCG.

Always nice to see UW missing from such rankings. (Oddly, though UW is also not in the AP top 25 [coming in at "26"], its at #19 in the Coaches Poll.)

http://www.espn.com/college-football/ra ... asontype/2
Merganzer
Senior

Re: First CFP Rankings Released

Post by Merganzer »

Yeah, nothing surprising there. LSU is the wild card, not only because of the game against Alabama this Saturday, but also because NO #3 team in the initial rankings has played in the championship game. I also believe that Alabama is going to be in the Final Four unless they have 2 L's.