Colorado fires Mike MacIntyre

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Colorado fires Mike MacIntyre

Post by maxduck »

According to a report by a Denver station.

BOULDER, Colo. — Multiple sources have told Denver7 that the University of Colorado will part ways with football coach Mike MacIntyre effective at the end of this season.

MacIntyre has spent six years as the head coach at CU, posting a 30-43 record. The Buffaloes have qualified for one bowl during McIntyre's tenure -- a 38-8 Alamo Bowl loss in 2016 to Oklahoma State.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports ... -of-season
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Colorado fires Mike MacIntyre

Post by StevensTechU »

Damn. He took a dumpster fire and made it respectable.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Good, he had a deplorable coach on staff who he stood up for and then had to pay 100 grand to a charity for his part.

The football reasons to fire him however are stupid.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Well it could be worse, he could have found out on his coaches show like Petrino did! :lol:
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I don’t know any of what 07 is alluding to, but from just a football perspective I’m surprised by this. He has done a really good job and if not for laviskaus shinault(sp) getting injured Colorado was having a solid season.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I don’t know any of what 07 is alluding to, but from just a football perspective I’m surprised by this. He has done a really good job and if not for laviskaus shinault(sp) getting injured Colorado was having a solid season.
MacIntyre was told by the GF of one of his Assistants, Joe Trumpkin, that he had abused her for 2 years and both MacIntyre and the AD let Trumpkin coach in the Alamo Bowl 3 weeks later while Trumpkin had a restraining order placed against him. This was 2 years after the Ray Rice Punch and the entire CU hierarchy failed at some point along the way. Trumpkin has been offered a plea deal for his 5 felony assaults and 3 misdemeanors.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/12/j ... -timeline/
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Duck07 wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:I don’t know any of what 07 is alluding to, but from just a football perspective I’m surprised by this. He has done a really good job and if not for laviskaus shinault(sp) getting injured Colorado was having a solid season.
MacIntyre was told by the GF of one of his Assistants, Joe Trumpkin, that he had abused her for 2 years and both MacIntyre and the AD let Trumpkin coach in the Alamo Bowl 3 weeks later while Trumpkin had a restraining order placed against him. This was 2 years after the Ray Rice Punch and the entire CU hierarchy failed at some point along the way. Trumpkin has been offered a plea deal for his 5 felony assaults and 3 misdemeanors.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/12/j ... -timeline/
Didn’t Leavitt hire that guy? Pretty sure he took over as DC after Leavitt came to Eugene.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I believe he may have been on the staff before Leavitt took over.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

It's official:
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Well Holgerson would obviously be the top choice of those 4 followed by Harsin. Tedford or Helfrich seem like poor choices if you want to improve upon what you just had.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »