Titans @ Texans (5:15 ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Titans @ Texans (5:15 ESPN)

Post by Merganzer »

Titans beat the Texans 20-17, in Week 2. The game should be finishing right about when the Ducks basketball game starts.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Titans @ Texans (5:15 ESPN)

Post by buckmarkduck »

Marcus is 13/13, and yet the Titans are still getting killed. He's pretty much their entire team.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

buckmarkduck wrote:Marcus is 13/13, and yet the Titans are still getting killed. He's pretty much their entire team.
Yes, he is, the online is getting beat bad and I can't remember his name but their DB, #25 is getting burnt bad on several plays.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I've been patient but I now believe Marcus has to get out of Nashville. He continually has success early with quick passing and getting drives going and then they get away from it by trying to establish the run.

If Marcus is my QB I have a few pillars and one of them has to be letting him go hurry up immediately following a first down.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:I've been patient but I now believe Marcus has to get out of Nashville. He continually has success early with quick passing and getting drives going and then they get away from it by trying to establish the run.

If Marcus is my QB I have a few pillars and one of them has to be letting him go hurry up immediately following a first down.
Agreed, Tennessee is a complete mess IMO, need new ownership and a new GM, I guess the coaching staff could have another year even though they appear incompetent. But Marcus and Corey Davis are the only legit players tonight for Tennessee, the rest look like they belong in college. Ready for Marcus to find another home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

The offensive line is killing Marcus.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Lewan is the highest paid OL in league history and Conklin was a top 10 pick. How is it possible they’re so bad?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Darn on the last possession Marcus gets his only incompletion for the game. Really great game by Marcus, good game by Davis, pathetic game by everyone else including the coaches. Marcus deserves better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Duck24 wrote:Lewan is the highest paid OL in league history and Conklin was a top 10 pick. How is it possible they’re so bad?
They really should have just drafted Buckner 1st overall and ran with Dennis Kelly at RT rather than trading down and then back up for Conklin. Casey is the only DL worth a darn and if you had those two playing DE it would have made everything on defense so much better as they don't win a lot on one on one matchups.

They re-signed the worst of the OL in RG Josh Kline this past off season and they also need an upgrade at Center as Ben Jones blocks nobody on so many of the hits Marcus takes.

Being adamant about running with a poor group inside is a bad recipe and yet Marcus has always been a great quick shotgun passer but they never trust him to be a passer. That stupid option run where he got cleaned by Clowney had me passed.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Darn on the last possession Marcus gets his only incompletion for the game. Really great game by Marcus, good game by Davis, pathetic game by everyone else including the coaches. Marcus deserves better.
https://www.titansonline.com/news/titan ... otes-x0562

MARIOTA’S COMPLETION PERCENTAGE SECOND IN NFL HISTORY: Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota completed 22 of 23 passes for 303 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions. His completion rate of 95.7 percent set a franchise record and was the second-highest single-game completion percentage in NFL history (minimum 20 attempts). Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers set the all-time NFL record the day before Mariota's performance at Houston, completing 96.6 percent of his passes (28 of 29) for against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Nov. 25.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Incredible. Mariota played well, but his pocket awareness during the 2nd half was not great. He got sacked a lot.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13