Pac 12 Futility?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

TualatinDuck
Senior

Pac 12 Futility?

Post by TualatinDuck »

Ill put this here as it applies to all schools in the Pac. He who shall not be named wrote a 3 part series on the state of the Pac 12. While I highly dislike him for his smear job on Oregon, Belotti, and Kelly, Its actually very well written and sheds light on somethings I hadnt considered. Its worth the click.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Alan
Senior

Re: Pac 12 Futility?

Post by Alan »

TualatinDuck wrote:Ill put this here as it applies to all schools in the Pac. He who shall not be named wrote a 3 part series on the state of the Pac 12. While I highly dislike him for his smear job on Oregon, Belotti, and Kelly, Its actually very well written and sheds light on somethings I hadnt considered. Its worth the click.
I listen to the clown while in my truck, shock jock, but his article has my attention and I would like to read it, do you have link?
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I pinched my nose and bleached my eyes afterwards but have read his last few articles about the state of the Pac-12 under Larry Scott and they are insanely damning. I might pay someone to come kick me in the nuts for saying this, but I would highly recommend reading it. Pac-12 conference members are being fleeced by Larry Scott and his decision making. Not only is his pay exorbitant, the Pac-12 offices in downtown SF are stupid expensive, the conference travel budget makes Trump’s golf trips look reasonable and to top it all off, when he was hired, the conference loaned him ~$1.6M to move/purchase a new house which I took to be as interest free, and he hasn’t paid a dime of it back.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

It was actually 1.85 mill for moving expenses as a loan with 1.8 buying the house.

Agreed, I hesitated on reading it but it was like a train wreck. The more I read the more I said are you freaking kidding me?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

And it's actually a 4-part series so there'll be another one tomorrow in all likelihood.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Today's article was about the lack of money going to the schools from the Pac-12 Network and how it's affecting the financial and on-field situations of the football programs.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

greenyellow wrote:Today's article was about the lack of money going to the schools from the Pac-12 Network and how it's affecting the financial and on-field situations of the football programs.
I thought yesterdays was eye opening about how Larry Scott is running the conference. Its pretty much a #$%@ show.

Todays just continues to show Scott's disfunction in leading the Pac-12.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

TualatinDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Today's article was about the lack of money going to the schools from the Pac-12 Network and how it's affecting the financial and on-field situations of the football programs.
I thought yesterdays was eye opening about how Larry Scott is running the conference. Its pretty much a #$%@ show.

Todays just continues to show Scott's disfunction in leading the Pac-12.
Who'd have guessed that his disfunction would be so much worse than Hansen's inertia.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Merganzer wrote:
Who'd have guessed that his disfunction would be so much worse than Hansen's inertia.
LOL, how true. The old adage "Be careful what you wish for" certainly has merit.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The last part dropped today, discussing the lack of transparency that Scott and the other conference execs have with the ADs and university presidents. It seems the only ones he really cares about are the presidents from UCLA, ASU, and OSU, all whom are the only presidents who've been in their current positions since Scott was hired in 2009.