Super Bowl LIII: Patriots vs. Rams

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Re: Super Bowl LIII: Patriots vs. Rams

Post by woundedknees »

And just like that, Chung is out of the game.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

This game is reminiscent of our bowl game.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

What a great pass by Goff. He lays it right in the receiver's arms and the dude drops it. Then they go to the well again and Goff throws the pick. Bummer.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Phalanx wrote:What a great pass by Goff. He lays it right in the receiver's arms and the dude drops it. Then they go to the well again and Goff throws the pick. Bummer.
Yep, former Beaver, Brandin Cooks, drops the go ahead touchdown, in the end zone, and then stands by & watches the next pass get intercepted.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The Patriots put on a clinic on how to stop a play-action heavy offense while doing just enough on offense to finally get the go-ahead scores for the win.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Glad I went to bed early, looks like it was a boring game.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Phalanx wrote:What a great pass by Goff. He lays it right in the receiver's arms and the dude drops it. Then they go to the well again and Goff throws the pick. Bummer.
Beevis gonna beevis...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

nogerO wrote:
Beevis gonna beevis...
The DB had great coverage and made a good play, Cooks had two defenders all over him, good defensive play. It was a long ways from a drop.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

FlDuckFan wrote:Glad I went to bed early, looks like it was a boring game.

I thought it was one of the better SB's played in a while, Pats took over late in the fourth.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Alan wrote:
nogerO wrote:
Beevis gonna beevis...
The DB had great coverage and made a good play, Cooks had two defenders all over him, good defensive play. It was a long ways from a drop.
He gets paid a lot of $$$ to catch balls just like that one.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

My dad wanted a PI on that play to Cooks and I asked him if the NFL would allow replay review of penalties or non-penalties if he thought that would have clearly been called.

That game was boring AF and I hope Pat gets better soon
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

So on the two Cooks passes some people are calling drops. The first one from 30 yards out was a clear pass breakup. A receiver with big enough hands to control it with one hand after #30 ripped away the other might have caught it but it was a pass breakup.

007's dad is right on the second one. He was technically interfered with but that may not be why he dropped the ball, his uninterfered with hand misplayed the ball and he likely would have dropped it anyway. I would have hated to be the replay ref on that were it review-able by rule. Since he did interfere by the book I guess I would have called it on review yet as an on the field ref I probably would have let it go.

Redbox bowl was worse because I felt obligated to watch the whole damn thing, whereas I skipped major chunks of the SB.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

GrandpaDuck wrote:So on the two Cooks passes some people are calling drops. The first one from 30 yards out was a clear pass breakup. A receiver with big enough hands to control it with one hand after #30 ripped away the other might have caught it but it was a pass breakup.

007's dad is right on the second one. He was technically interfered with but that may not be why he dropped the ball, his uninterfered with hand misplayed the ball and he likely would have dropped it anyway. I would have hated to be the replay ref on that were it review-able by rule. Since he did interfere by the book I guess I would have called it on review yet as an on the field ref I probably would have let it go.

Redbox bowl was worse because I felt obligated to watch the whole damn thing, whereas I skipped major chunks of the SB.

I thought the refs were letting them play, I also that the Cooks break up in the end zone could have been a PI but it would not have fit in the refs flow of calling penalties. So it was a good no call IMO.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

nogerO wrote:
Alan wrote:
nogerO wrote:
Beevis gonna beevis...
Lol, so do the DB's
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Alan wrote:
nogerO wrote:
Alan wrote:
nogerO wrote:
Beevis gonna beevis...
Lol, so do the DB's
Most DB's couldn't catch a cold if they were buck naked on an iceflow...just sayin...